LM4702 or LME49810 work in class A mode to drive the output stages in class A/AB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys i got the LME49810 module 500W in 4 ohm but the document says that it can be biased even in class A but according to nelson to calculate how much power out is mainly on Bias current like if its 1A of Bias then the peak is 2Amp so the power out peak is 2x2x8 ohm = 32W and in RMS its around 22.63W but the datasheet never says about going beyond 1A. Now since the amplifier has about 10 output devices I think I can try biasing this in Class A but I dont think LME49810 can be made to run in class A...

My schematic for 49811 is more or less identical to the data sheet schematic. Here is an example with ThermalTrak output devices (http://www.pansonaudio.com/Compact498xx_files/lme49810_compact_amp rev2p1.pdf).

Do you familiar with a SPICE program such as LTspice? You can analysis an output stage to determine how many pairs of power devices are needed for 800W, 8 R. Note you need to consider real speaker reactive impedance. Pay attention to beta droop.

The picture shows an output stage (triple EF) with six pairs output devices in LTspice.

Regarding differences between 49810 and 49811. I can't really hear any difference in my system (including my ears). However, bias tuning is easier for 49811.

I don't think you can use 498xx to make a 800 W, 8R amp "directly". The max supply voltage of the chips is +/- 100 V. For 800W, 8R, you need higher than +/-100 V. You may consider bridge mode.

panson can you send the thermaltrack large image version that you have attached in the previous post...

hey guys i got the LME49810 module 500W in 4 ohm but the document says that it can be biased even in class A but according to nelson to calculate how much power out is mainly on Bias current like if its 1A of Bias then the peak is 2Amp so the power out peak is 2x2x8 ohm = 32W and in RMS its around 22.63W but the datasheet never says about going beyond 1A. Now since the amplifier has about 10 output devices I think I can try biasing this in Class A but I dont think LME49810 can be made to run in class A...

Do you want Class A bias for 500 W, 4 Ohm?

I don't think no-one quite understands what you mean?
Your module most sertainly is at class-A at low powers. And will 'switch' to class B at higher powers.
There is no point in hipower Class-A because you will not get any better sound quality by doing so.
More than 10-20w in class A is a total waste of energy - unless you want to heat up your house with it???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.