LM4562 opamp on +\- 18v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The price is not that much higher, But of course depending on how many you need.
The TL072 is rated +/- 18v so no headroom for error in the ps.
Another approach can be to lower the voltage locally to +/- 15v. That will give you a lot
more opamps to choose from.

It's an Rotel Surround processor.

The rail is +\- 18v. I'm not willing to change that.
As LPF after the DAC they use TL072 and for outputs NJM5532.

I would like to swap the opamps and upgade some Caps. I think i'm swapping all of these opamps for LME 49860's.

The only downside, there are +\- 24 opamps. But I'm only swapping the output one's. So that leaves me with around 12 opamps.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
The OPA2604 is good up to -/+24volts and (IMO) is still one of the best sounding. Its ideal to replace the TLO72 and 5532.

If the Rotel uses -/+18 volts then another possibility is just to alter the regulator arrangement to give < -/+17 volts if you want to try the LM4562.

Does any one has some experience with the LM4562 using it on +\- 18v ?

According to some datasheet it´s ratings are +\- 17v.

thanks for the awnsers.

Do you think the manufacturer doesn't know how to use their devices? 36 Volt is the 'absolute maximum rating'. That means your never go there. So don't go there. Build a dual 17 supply and use that. If you want a higher voltage chip then use that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.