Lm3886 pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some Flaws in PCB Design?
The design is pretty straight forward and if you are in doubt you should consult the datasheet and the AN-1192 and compare.

Suitable transformer voltage is 2 x 24 VAC.

The mute resistor mute be chosen with the power supply voltage in mind (can be found in the datasheet) and if you have 24 VAC 33 kohms is max according to me but this is rather obvious. You will notice if the resistor is OK or not.

Last edited:
buy the correct voltage rating for your supply.

a 5.1 will not send maximum signal to all channels simultaneously.
I have suggested that the first two channels should have a full transformer VA allowance. All the remaining channels should still perform well if they have a half VA allowance.
2*50W + 4*25W = equivalent 200W

Select a transformer from 200VA to 400VA to power a 50W * 6 channels %.1 system. If your speakers are 8ohm I suggest you fit at least +-40mF as smoothing capacitance. Double this if your speakers are 4ohm.

Hello everyone!
I'm totally newbie and I don't want to spam in forum with dummy topics, so I decided to use this topic as my question is also about lm3886 pcb.

I want to make a chipamp. I tried to choose version what I want and seems the best one is Mauro Penasa rev. C. But I'm not familiar with PCB creation and that's the problem.

I tried to find a KIT but seems all are without LM318.

As solution I found something similar on ebay:
Classic-lines-LM3886-dual-channel-AMP-PCB-DIY

Can anybody check out pictures and comment is it good one?

Or better take some other:
LM3886-Amplification-Kit-Filter-eliminator-supply-DIY
or
LM3886-High-End-Power-Amp-Refer-Gaincard-New

As we see amp layouts are different for last two - which one is better.

Thanks, and waiting for some response.

Here is LM3886 PCB Plz Check that all the components are ok and it is ready or not? If not make it final for all.
Single3.gif

Single4.gif

Single5.gif

Single6.gif

I hav noticed after purchising my 2 lm3886 ic that the pins of ICs are much closer than that one in pcb layout. Ic cant fit on this pcb. now i am trying to draw this layout with permanent black marker on copper sheet with customise pins.

Hello ieris;

I definitely held at a distance from these products. I have doubts about the quality of these products.
A better but only slightly more expensive option is to built your own PCB (or P2P or get only PCB without parts or use sample board) and to order parts from local well - known supplier.

The LM3886 is a high performance 150W Audio Power Amplifier with Mute. The performance of the audio power LM3886, say NS, utilising its Self Peak Instantaneous Temperature protection circuitry, puts in a class above discrete and hybrid amplifiers by providing an inherently, dynamically protected Safe Operating Area.

Hello ieris;

I definitely held at a distance from these products. I have doubts about the quality of these products.
A better but only slightly more expensive option is to built your own PCB (or P2P or get only PCB without parts or use sample board) and to order parts from local well - known supplier.

Hi!
Thank you for your answer! Of course we don't know is there original and qualitative parts used, but seems this case is quite well.
And it's not so cheap (but cheaper than I get parts in local country). And it's understandable because for local supplier I see that price is more than half buying 50+ pieces.

Can you suggest where I can get some version PCB w/o parts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.