LM3886 buzzing on connection..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The insulated RCAs are in the amp ( metal case). The CDP case is non metallic and has no RCA sockets. The headphone out is output to two RCA jacks.

I dont have a problem with other sources - Computer, Walkman, Cable TV set Top box.

My CDP is a portable type and gets it source of DC power from an adaptor.

I am busy with a few other things (in the amp itself) - will shortly test the alternatives that have been suggested in this thread.

A discovery...

Here is something I have to admit. The CDP in question here is actually a VideoCD player and I just discovered that if I connect only the audio RCAs the buzzing exists on the TV also, but when I connect the Video RCA the buzzing not only vanished but the sound is louder and clear.

I observed that the Video out jack from the SONY portable VCD player was like the stereo headphones jack (with three points).

Is there some ground point in the Video out jack that completes everything?

I am planning to open the TV back and check out the connections, but if some one here can throw some light on this upfront, it might save me of that effort :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.