LM3886 and DPDT switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear friends,

Would appreciate your kind help... :bawling:

I was trying to add a 3.5mm Stereo RCA socket to my gainclone LM3886, providing her with 2 options of signal inputs, i.e. from my Non OS DAC and another one from iPod or MP3 player.

Was trying to apply a DPDT switch with the connection as per attached picture... strangely, only left channel sings... right channel just silent! :bawling:

Am I connecting it wrong? :bawling:

Attachments

• dpdt-gainclone input selector (dino).gif
    dpdt-gainclone input selector (dino).gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 318
Hi,

Looks like a cold solder on the switch, if both source do not work check the right channel connection on the switch (middle contact) or simply bypass the switch with a alligator clip to see if the switch is the problem. Also make sure the gnd for all 4 inputs are tied together since they do not pass through the switch.

Your wiring circuit is OK.

Eric

Dear All!!
Many thanks for your kind help!!

Yep... confirmed... I did somethin' foolish.. one of the feet of the DPDT switch was connected to other feet by a tiny loose cable!!
Probably I was just too hurry to finish the 3.5mm iPod connection with my minus 3.5 eyeglasses... haiyaah!!:dead:

Lesson learnt for me: "Tidy up Dino!!" :smash:
Hahahaha................
Again.... many thanks!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.