LM317

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Transformer

My resident Genius (My son) is supposed to be getting me one, along with lots of other stuff. He works at a place that, among other things, gets in lots of old circuit boards and things, and junks them. So if he sees something I might like or need, he just removes it from th board and brings it home. Plus, we have a few things left over from when he was in school. He has been doing projects since he was in third grade, and he has a degree in electronics now, so, given time, he can get just about anything. The only problem is that our basement is filled with all sorts of things that he had, and has never found time to either discard it or move it. Oh, well.

Thanx
The Happy Hippy

Hi,

Whilst a I can make a decent fist of a hifi amplifier, my small practise bass
amp is chip-amp based, which i bought not working and fixed, and I have
used a PA type amplifier with with my main bass speakers, nothing comes
close to the bass amplifier I bought used, a Peavey mk III bass head.

HiFi wise its dreadful, no overall feedback, an interstage coupling transformer
in there even though its all transistor, I wouldn't know where to start in
replicating its sound, nevermind the extensive EQ and compression / limiting
circuitry. It doesn't clip, just changes sound as you overdrive it. (70's).

Tools for the job IMHO, if you want to go for a 50W chip-amp IMO make
sure you add a good bass multi-effects pedal between the bass guitar
and the amplifier and then keep the amplifier as simple as possible.

Bass guitar straight to amplifier, you need a bass amplfier, not HiFi.

rgds, sreten.

Pedals

Pedals, huh? What a coincidence! That's my next project. Biggest problem with that, the physical pedals themselves. I can find lots of circuit ideas online and elsewhere, but I can't find out how to make the pedals. Buying them seems to defeat the whole idea of DIY. So if anyone has any thoughts on this, holler.

Thanx
The Happy Hippy

PS Should this go in another forum?

What do you mean by "Make the Physical Pedals" ??

Do you mean the box the curcuit goes in ?? Most everyone who makes pedals buys the box as they are cheap (under $10) and not worth the effort to build and most poeple don"t have an aluminum extrusion machine ......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.