LM1876

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Accepted solutions.

1) Ground Pin 5,10 shifted to power ground.
2) Zobel shifted to decoupling ground.
3) RF makes low input voltage, So instead of using RF I put 220pf between input pins. Pls. describe RF & 220pf (between input pins) functionality.
4) Lower value resistor sounds good to me. but it cut low bass. with the same value resister Post # 17 I can fit 2.2uf input cap. Anyway, now I have selected standard value resistor.
5) I am using 4R speakers and power supply voltage is 20VDC(+/-) I read datasheet and found if I increase supply voltage it produce heat instead of producing output-power. So I can get 22W of continuous average output power with less than 0.1%THD.

Attachments

• LM1876.GIF
    LM1876.GIF
    41.3 KB · Views: 436
How about adding diodes across the 1r and across the DC blocking cap/s in the NFB and across the the power rails via PG and across the power rails via output/s rail?

Remove that loop in the signal routing. The Signal Return is half a mile from the signal hot !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Remove that loop in the signal routing. The Signal Return is half a mile from the signal hot !!!!!!!

Updated.

I tried couple of times powered ON/OFF with source and without source connected. The speaker says I have powered ON. And sometimes silence. ( I should not call it POP )

When I need complete silence, I will have to use Amp's MUTE pin. I stared googling.... and found following link. I don't understand whether this circuit would work or not. But yes I can copy it. What is your opinion ?

ʹÓÃLM1876ÖÆ×÷СÐ͹¦·Åµç·ͼ -ÒôÊÓƵµç· -µç×Óµç·ͼÍø-µç×Ó¹¤³ÌʦҡÀº-רҵµç×ӵ緷¢²¼Õ¾

The LM1876 is spec'd for 10V to 32V (20V-64V for single-supply) so 18-0-18 should be just about right for bridged use. I didn't run the math; it may be a tad high for effective 4-ohm load, but not so much to be a project killer IMO. Be extra generous when selecting a heat sink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.