LM1875 or TDA7498 For good clean sound (Boards shown in the post)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You are probably right. But I don't know if you have to connect those two points with a wire.
Edit: You don't need to short them. I have found a completed pcb.

Attachments

• -12920106751520119576.jpg
    -12920106751520119576.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
It is C2 that desperately needs to be much bigger in relation to C1.

I totally agree.

Feedback pole = 15.9 Hz

Input pole = 4.9 Hz

Perfect combination for distortion. It is the input pole that must always be the dominant pole, preferably by a factor of 10. This way the feedback capacitor has virtually no effect on the performance of the circuit.

C2= 100 uF moves the feedback pole down to 1.59 Hz. In practice this works fine with an input pole of 4.9 Hz, since both poles are low enough to be effectively unobtrusive.

With C2 so large, you want to add anti-latch up (clamp) diodes to C2.

I see so many circuits that ignore this basic principle. To me it's a no brainer.

I have been giving this advice for years, but few if any bother to read it.
I picked it up from a Member many years ago and tried it in a couple of amplifiers and it proved to me that it was the right way to do it.
Having used the advice and having gained that knowledge, when I read D.Self and others on the distortion effects of capacitors (when used as filters), it all falls into place.

There are some who disagree.

when I read D.Self and others on the distortion effects of capacitors (when used as filters), it all falls into place.

Exactly. And it's especially true for the typical capacitor we would use in this application.

There are some who disagree.

With empirical science?

This makes a measurable and sometimes audible difference. Is the sky green? (Syd Barret aside :D )

In summary, the amount of distortion a capacitor can introduce into a circuit is directly proportional to the ratio of the capacitor's impedance to the impedance of the network it's in.

Apply this principle with C2 = 10 uF, f = 20 Hz. :eek:

Now apply this principle with C2 = 100 uF, f = 20 Hz. :)

Any questions?

I have this LM1876 board. Look at C104 which is suppose to be 0.1uf but the shop gave me wrong parts and I don't realize. This capacitor is 0.01uf and so far working fine. Is this part important? Do I need to replace it back to 0.1uf?

Attachments

• 20180201_094030.jpg
    20180201_094030.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 212
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.