LM 4780 Noob question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I am nearly complete with my LM 4780 chip amp, but this is my first project! My biggest intention is simply to learn.

Once the chip amp/rectifiers are complete...can I just connect an input signal (IE: cd player) and and output signal (IE: speaker terminals), or are there other components I am missing?

Do I need a DAC or other component, or will this basic set up produce an auduble result by itself??

Thanks to all...The members on this site are aways a help.

Dominick in New Jersey

Dominick22 said:
So, I am nearly complete with my LM 4780 chip amp, but this is my first project! My biggest intention is simply to learn.

Once the chip amp/rectifiers are complete...can I just connect an input signal (IE: cd player) and and output signal (IE: speaker terminals), or are there other components I am missing?

1 Check dc offset with a multimeter

2 If dc offset is less than around 50mv,hook up a speaker that you dont really care about(just in case)

After that you are good to go.

As sangram said "add a small volume control in line with the inputs, you're ready to rock!"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.