LM 386 Buid Problem as Reference Powered Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have pair bookself 4 inch speaker from my old HIFI Sony Deck, and I already make 2 simple circuit with LM 386 for drive it, it sound nice, but I've a few problem and question.

1. I use a schematic from here: https://youtu.be/4ObzEft2R_g
    and I just add some 10K pot for volume in pin 3, when I use it with my smartphone, then I powered that amplifier using 9v Batt or 5V Power Bank with DC Step Up Circuit it's very small noise when the audio playback. But when I plug off my smart phone, ther was some noise / hum build up,
  2. A noise / hum become louder when I connect that amplifier in to my laptop, and power it with USB port on my laptop, or wallwart AC Phone Charger.

FYI I'm just a newbie in DIY Electronic, so I'm sorry if I do a mistake, thank you ;)

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> good picture of the amplifier?

The plan is in the video he linked. I have clipped the video in the attachment.

It is indeed a LM386. May be more than half-Watt on 12V, much less on 5V.

The hum is because every laptop and cellphone does "ground" differently. You probably need a closed metal box. You probably can NOT always power the amplifier from the device you get audio from.

Attachments

• LM386RefSpeaker.gif
    LM386RefSpeaker.gif
    37.8 KB · Views: 88
LM836x is not the same as an LM386.

Could you provide a good picture of the amplifier?

Tomorrow I'll post it

> good picture of the amplifier?

The plan is in the video he linked. I have clipped the video in the attachment.

It is indeed a LM386. May be more than half-Watt on 12V, much less on 5V.

The hum is because every laptop and cellphone does "ground" differently. You probably need a closed metal box. You probably can NOT always power the amplifier from the device you get audio from.

Okay I'll try make some closed box, and then compare it :) Thank Sir

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.