• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LJM Audio

They was made by vzaichenko.

I think is more important to know the harmonic profile. Systems with H2 predominant sound different than H3 predominant. More "natural", "credible" vs detailed.

I had a time measurement.
15 db is 0 db 18 db, respectively. Detail please look at the pictures. I didn't also too.
And I save the past QUAD405 FFT on the same tests were compared.
You can see the size of the distortion.

In addition. SNR main relationship and transformer, filter capacitor has much to do.
I am very, very poor capacitor tested. 80 v1000 UF * 4.

If you use a better filter capacitor, capacitor. There will be a better noise ratio.
So the numerical only used as a reference.:D

Attachments

• 0DBFFT.jpg
    0DBFFT.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,788
  • 20DBV.jpg
    20DBV.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 1,314
  • IMG_20180425_135259.jpg
    IMG_20180425_135259.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 540
Very good graph in a class AB poweramp.

677046d1524636128-l20-5-ljm-low-thd-amp-0dbfft-jpg

And yes, the PSU usually is a bottleneck in almost hard. Commercial or not. More diyers do not want to spend more money in the PSU. An even more resounding error in those who are class A amp/preamp.

LJM L20.5 + preamp with H2 predominance would be a very good idea I think.

You have this: CLASS A Single-ended Preamp 9

555918d1466493872-class-single-preamp-9-a-tb2sau2qxxxxxcjxpxxxxxxxxxx_-36508936-jpg

and the new design:

NEW Preamp Board Pure Class A Single Ended Transistor Preamplifier 20Hz-20KHz | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

By the way, you have new logo in the 2018 boards.

PD: the preamp with better potentiometer... And L20.5 amplifier board with heatsinks like L12.2

Last edited:

And yes, the PSU usually is a bottleneck in almost hard. Commercial or not. More diyers do not want to spend more money in the PSU. An even more resounding error in those who are class A amp/preamp.

555918d1466493872-class-single-preamp-9-a-tb2sau2qxxxxxcjxpxxxxxxxxxx_-36508936-jpg

and the new design:

NEW Preamp Board Pure Class A Single Ended Transistor Preamplifier 20Hz-20KHz | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

PD: the preamp with better potentiometer... And L20.5 amplifier board with heatsinks like L12.2

In fact L20.5 amplifier distortion can be reduced by 30%.

You should know. L20.5 GAIN is 31, it may not need a preamp, and get a sufficient volume, at least 30 square meters of space.

If reduce the GAIN of 18. The THD + N can reduce at least 30%.

Only need to put 330 ohm resistance, to 510 ohms. An increase in the number of feedback. Is to reduce the distortion and noise is proportional.

Is estimated to be about 0.0008%.

If you use the preamp, consider such operations.

In fact I in use. Does not use the preamp.
This kind of situation it can get very accurate low distortion effect. The sound is great, I think.

Of course. Join the influence of other amplifier, may lead to distortion, or voice change.

This is related to personal preferences. PREAMP9 is a relatively good amplifier.

But I suggest PREAMP9 installed in a separate case. And away from the interference of transformer.

Single-ended amplifier are easy to be interference.

and the new design:

s-l1600.jpg

B: yes. I have a new LOGO. Is the panda.

Because I live in chengdu, sichuan province. Here is the hometown of panda.

L20.5 has two versions, the earliest version of power tube after installation is wide. There are about 9 cm.

Then I reduced the width, only 7 cm. In addition to this point. Voice and no difference.

7 cm, is for the sake of easy to install in ordinary aluminum chassis.

In a CLASS B L20.5 can think it work. Because it is only a small, static current.

At the time of test + - 35 v voltage, almost no temperature.

I fixed it in a little box, aluminum plate is enough.

Maybe I will increase the radiator version later. There will be about 7 to 8 CM * 20 CM size.

Use a small weight of radiator. About 200-300 grams.

Attachments

• 205-3.jpg
    205-3.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 205-5.jpg
    205-5.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_20180425_220426.jpg
    IMG_20180425_220426.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Only I find:

LJM shop

??-ljm ?????????-???

L20.5 assembled board

L20.5 ????? HIEND ???? 0.0015% AP ????-???

Speaker protection (Black version)

????? ??-???

here!

L20.5 ????? ???-???

980,00 CNY = 128,49 EUR + shipping + customs

with Google Translate:

20.5 Finished Products

Customer-made products.

Output power 60W *2 8 Ohms, 120W *2 4 Ohms

Use customized high quality 300VA transformer

Each channel is powered separately. 2-way power board, 2-way speaker protection board.

I think that a 80 watts / 8 Ohms at THD 0.1% should be a bestseller.

Last edited:
With more big case and with a 1 mm steel sheet separating the transformer from the circuits.

With an optional RF/EMI filter inlet. This has the best specs: Schaffner FN 9244B 1A (230 Vac) or 3A (115 Vac).

[PDF] FN 9244

[URL]http://maty.galeon.com/WP-imagenes/hard/IEC-inlet-filter-Schaffner-FN_9244-typical-filter-attenuation.png[/URL]
[B]
[COLOR=SeaGreen]B[/COLOR][/B]: medical

Last edited:
Hi, I was curious enough to order a set of L20.5 via Aliexpres. Unfortunately the seller has sent complete assembled boards and not DIY kits as ordered, but that is besides the point really:

However, it turns out that the Input/VAS section has two SOT26 components, which I hadn't noticed in the photos!
But these have been covered in some type of paint, so I can't read any type code on them :/

But my guess is, that they are dual DMMT5401 PNP. This also explains the strangely low number of small transistor visible in the pictures.

LJM, can you please confirm that you are using two DMMT5401?
- If not, what are these devices?

Selling amplifier kits with "secret" components is no good - how will I be able to fault find or repair, if I can't see what components are used..

Edit: I received the "old" style PCB, where the output transistors are clear of the board. That is fine by me though.

Last edited:
Hello Pemo, sorry I can't give you any subjective opinion on how it "sounds". But I would imagine that it is exactly like other very low THD amplifiers: Completely clean and transparent. So for me, there is no point in trying to make listening tests.

My interest is mainly scientific/objective, and I want to have a look at the topology used, and make some tests and measurements. At the moment I am trying to ascertain what these SOT26 are.

If I go further, and build a complete L20.5 amplifer, I will open a thread in Solid State forum.
Cheers,
Jonas :)

Hello Pemo, sorry I can't give you any subjective opinion on how it "sounds". But I would imagine that it is exactly like other very low THD amplifiers: Completely clean and transparent. So for me, there is no point in trying to make listening tests.

My interest is mainly scientific/objective, and I want to have a look at the topology used, and make some tests and measurements. At the moment I am trying to ascertain what these SOT26 are.

If I go further, and build a complete L20.5 amplifer, I will open a thread in Solid State forum.
Cheers,
Jonas :)

:D