List of ZM projects

Joined 2020
Paid Member
I believe Lazy Singing Bush would follow under that description. One of the choke-loaded Bushes, too. Assuming current source means all current gain, no voltage gain...
Hi codyt, I believe yes, a current source amp has no voltage gain by nature, but I believe there's more to it than that, e.g. a high Zout, in the range of say 80 ohms in some cases. Whether meeting these two criteria makes an amp a current source amp or not, I don't know. What I'm after specifically is (another) amp that swings output current, rather than output voltage, as a function of input voltage.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
any of those having Mu Follower can be easily redone to CCS load (which practically means removing Mu Follower's modulation, thus transforming it to pure CCS)

only you can tell would that be for better or worse

if you're interested, just buzz in appropriate thread

though, in short, it means "just" moving output cap (thus output node) directly to SIT electrode, be it drain or source, depending which amp is in case

now, for some fun, clever and graphical info, take a look at these two vids, both related to Papa's Lecture at BAF 2015:

Reactions: 1 user
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
not really

did some work on assembling several kits for Greedy Boyz, and having Steeplejack pcbs fedexed to me

thinking when to find some time to proceed assembling pcbs of already started ones - INT and Irreverent and .......... is it clever at all to order pcbs for some other new ones

was thinking about Spreadsheet (as Papa is doing) to keep some minimal awareness WTF I'm doing, but no - have no brain for - there is no system applicable to ZM's Mightiness :rofl:

Joined 2021
Paid Member
not really

did some work on assembling several kits for Greedy Boyz, and having Steeplejack pcbs fedexed to me

thinking when to find some time to proceed assembling pcbs of already started ones - INT and Irreverent and .......... is it clever at all to order pcbs for some other new ones

was thinking about Spreadsheet (as Papa is doing) to keep some minimal awareness WTF I'm doing, but no - have no brain for - there is no system applicable to ZM's Mightiness :rofl:
A genius rules the chaos :cheers: :rofl:

In the meantime - being a Greedy Boy, obviously - Santa... I mean the delivery man was here with all the parts for the Babelfish M25.2 and the Scryer :love:

PSX_20220831_141059.jpg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yeah, dedicated FE to make INT with any sort of amp of regular gain, be it SE orBAL
but nope Plethora FE....INT is Bal relay selector, followed with 64 step attenuator, followed with JFet buffers, followed with OPA1632 (SUSY)
all gizmos, including front encoder, TFT, standby function etc.
edit: intention was that INT is almost characterless ..... sorry, can't squeeze Iron Turtle in ...... :clown:

Last edited: