List of the most suitable driver for extremely small cabinets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
By my calcs 14 litres gives Q=1, it takes 33 litres to get Q=0.707

attachment.php

You had me real excited for a bit.

dave

Whoops, I did not mean the SB29NRX75-6 but the SB29SWNRX-S75-6

According to this calculator: Speakerbuilder Pro 2.0

SB29NRX75-6 (midwoofer) 36 Liters Closed box (Q=0,707)

SB29SWNRX-S75-6 (subwoofer) 14 Liters Closed box (Q=0,707)

I use a pair of SB29SWNRX-S75-6 in a closed box around 18 Liters. Works very well with a little bit of DSP (no problem playing 30 Hz). They can play even lower if that is what one wants. And they can be pushed hard! - High x-max and low Fs. The advice using them in a small cabinet was given by the engineer behind the driver. I made a little bit bigger cabinet because I used a spare-cabinet from a previous build.

For the asking price an outstanding driver IMO.

The winner is.. RSS210HF-4

8" 40hz f3 in sealed 20 litre box

Yes probably but If I remember correctly not HF but HO is better for small sealed. I don't want to be too much-optimistic about Dayton drivers but from my 'sims' it seems whole RSSxxxHO 4 ohm series is among the best out there for such specific purpose. Black anodized aluminum cones as a bonus.:)

I will post updated list and add some simulations later

I would stay away of them. Ordered a 26W/4534G00 and waited for it for two and a half months. Then I saw they have a dedicated thread on here and I`ve been lucky to get mu stuff in 2 and a half months only.

Same, ordered parts from europe audio/loudspeakerfreaks and after waiting a few months and no reply asked my bank to make a claim. As a result the order miraculously turned up a week later but I'd moved on to another project by then.

So shame, I wanted to drop them an order for fair amount of DA drivers but you guys thankfully warned me on time. Hard to obtain these all drivers frome one source in Poland and in EU, unfortunately... Now Let's back on topic please and seek for efficient and linear air pumps for bass from compact boxes:)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.