list of heritage oscillospcopes with specs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ebaybid

Hi Eric,
So it was you who won the bidding on the HPscope with the faulty brightness adjustment or is this a other one?.
The big problem with Ebay is you have to believe the seller. The device may have hidden faults even the seller does not know of.
Personally I don't like to buy a defective instrument though repair shouldn't be too difficult if a schematic or servicemanual is available. I own a TEKtronix 321A. It is a lovely cute beauty though very limited in bandwith. Still looking for a 200MHz+ one on the cheap, for the clock circuits you know.:)

1707b bandwidth

Capslock: the bandwidth as specified by HP for the 1707b is 75mhz. However, the e-bay seller can "fudge" that to a certain extent, as even a 75mhz 'scope will still display and even trigger to likely past 100mhz.

An honest seller would have advertised it at 75mhz, though.

Thingyness,

thanks a lot!!! Do you have a spec list or can you just tell because there is some system to the type numbers?

Swede,

I don't know how big the market for used scopes is in Sweden. Here, the 465 sell for around 150-200 Euro (466 and 475 sometimes also). There are some guys around who buy up surplus and test the things before auctioning them. I had bad luck because the guy who sold me mine simply copied the discription from somebody else.

On www.ebay.de there is currently an offer for a 485 (350 MHz) in full working order for 300 Euro. Auction ends about 24 h from now. Auction number is 1346363670. You can also search for Tek* 485.
I would probably build a signal generator rather than buy it.

Greetings,

Eric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.