Linkwitz Open House May 14 and 15

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well, I think that was a successful event. I think we confirmed that with
LX-Minis you are best advised to have 100 watts on the bottom and even
some spare fuses.

A good time was had by everyone. I did take a snapshot:

:cool:

Attachments

• SL OPEN HOUSE.jpg
    SL OPEN HOUSE.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 379
Well, I think that was a successful event. I think we confirmed that with
LX-Minis you are best advised to have 100 watts on the bottom and even
some spare fuses.

A good time was had by everyone. I did take a snapshot:

Thanks a lot...

Now that my wife has seen the picture of me passed out with a strange woman by my side, I'm in BIG trouble.

It was fun though!! :D

Viincent, it will amuse you to know that Siegfried informed me that the
LX-minis were mis-wired when hooked up to the FW's.

Maybe they will work with 25W after all.

Hmmm... That combo sounded really good mis-wired, I think my favorite of what I listened to on Sunday.

Now I'm curious just how much better they would sound if wired correctly! Perhaps we'll find out at Burning Amp. :)

When we switched from the chip amps to Nelson's amps the left speaker's woofer was driven with the left tweeter signal and the left speaker's tweeter was driven with the left woofer signal. The tweeter is a 3" fullrange. It easily handles 25 W but runs out of excursion at low frequencies. The woofer driver beams high frequencies to the ceiling.

We noticed that something was wrong when we played a track that had significant bass and which had played fine with the amps beforehand.

SL

What I found interesting was just how good the minis sounded with both the chip and experimental amps. Sitting in the sweet spot on the couch, I noticed a slight difference in the sound between the left and right channels that I attributed to the shape of the room and the expansiveness of the area to the left of the listening area.

The bass response and how it seamlessly integrated with the upper registers was truly amazing. Even more amazing when you consider that when mis-wired, the right channel must have been doing most of the heavy lifting! :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.