LInear Power 2502IQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't think the volume level is important. It's an old amp and could have other problems that may not show up unless it's on for a while. There are almost certainly a few electrolytics in the audio section that need to be replaced.

If you are not going to pay to have TIPS repair it and if you can't find another module, it may be possible to build a regulator circuit. It probably won't work precisely like the Linear module but it should regulate the rail voltage.

I'm not sure how much power the amp will deliver with the resistor in place. I've only used this (resistor subbed for transistor) for troubleshooting an amp with a defective module.

After putting the module back in, to send amp off for repairs, it started working.
I am thinking that there could have been a cold solder joint on the module.
I see why you only used the resistor for testing purposes now. The rail voltage with the module is around 39v. With the resistor in place there is around 50v.

I think I found a naked one.

Attachments

• blackbox LP.jpg
    blackbox LP.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 85
Yeah but the resolution on the pic posted is very bad., take some clear high resolution pics...both sides are needed. I use a 10x magnifier with LED to take close up pics with my cell camera, you'd be surprised on how clear they come out (cell camera is 5megapixel).

Last edited:
Yeah but the resolution on the pic posted is very bad., take some clear high resolution pics...both sides are needed. I use a 10x magnifier with LED to take close up pics with my cell camera, you'd be surprised on how clear they come out (cell camera is 5megapixel).

This is a good suggestion - I got a better camera and followed your instructions -

Attachments

• black box front.jpg
    black box front.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 76
  • blackbox back.jpg
    blackbox back.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 61
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.