line arrays, widerange mid drivers, & crossovers in the "critical range"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1. Tang Band TGW3-560SE 3" - these are a gamble because they are a close out of custom drivers for a speaker manufacturer who either didn't like them or abandoned the project. As of yet, I haven't found any reports from their actual use. Upside is the TB name and they do a great job of putting out FR curves that actually match their driver's performance. And the truncated driver frame is a huge bonus along with price....
Yes, exactly! However, for most of the reasons you mentioned, I have taken the plunge to build a small, simple, line system with 8/side. Actually, the target useage is my Toyota Yaris. Did I say near field? But easily portable to other listening area's and situations...
My questions to the community are:
1. What important specs I should be considering?
2. Which drivers above are the best performers or look most promising?
3. Are there any others I should be considering?
4. Are there standard, non-full/widerange, mid-woofers capable of ~100-3.5kHz?
I beleive;
1) All the same reasons you choose a point source driver.
2) Performers? I sight the answer to question 1). Most promissing? depends on the size, price, etc.etc.
3) I am sure? Finding them is part of the work. P.E. has that 3.5" on special for $7.20 in quantity? I really want to stick to 3" for this (my) project. I have a stock of 4" s Peerless 830854 4" HDS PPB Shielded Woofer | Parts-Express.com for another linus type Line project.
4) maybe the one I mentioned in #3)? I'm sure there are...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.