Light FX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all:

Just wondering if their are any DIY projects to create:

1. Strobe that strobes on rhythm to the music.

2. LED's or bright lights that pulse with bass.

3. Or any kind of cool light fx projects.

I had no idea what forum to put this in. But since it does have to do with music, i figured i would keep it in one of my fav forums at diyaudio.com

Kyle

Try Walmart; in the shiny cr@p for wannabe tuner car section there's some cheap little sound-to-light boxes that do most of what you ask, cheaper than you can build them for.

Look at the schematic of a DJ mixer, at the "beat LED" section for a clever way to trigger on the bass. I've seen one beat trigger that got all complicated with AGC and filters, but it can be done elegantly with one opamp used as a comparator. Rane has all their schematics online.

Low-power laser effects are department store items these days if you can settle for Spirograph patterns. Or glue a couple of mirrors to speaker cones and shine laser pointers at them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.