• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Legato 3 - Look ma! No caps!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The buffer and the op-amp are one loop. You cannot really isolate them with removing the buffer from the equation. As I have said multiple times - if you have the buffer, it is only ever a *good* thing. If you don't want to use the buffer order the version with out it. Simple as that.

Russ, I already received but haven't assembled the buffered L3.1 version yet.
Now, if by some reason I decide to not use the buffer I need to order the non-buffered PCB only and populate it instead?
May be it's my misunderstanding but I always thought that the buffer can be used or easily bypassed, if desired.
Could you please post the non-buffered schematics also.
Thanks,
Ivo

The capless balanced output of the Legato 3 is of interest to me as I've recently got a amp with balanced inputs. However, as I haven't long built a kit DAC based on a DSD-1796 chip, I'm wondering whether the Lagato could used with this DAC, albeit with some changes to accommodate a balanced output current (from the datasheet - Output current Full scale (0 dB) 4 mA p-p; Center current At BPZ –3.5 mA) that I'm guessing will be somewhat lower than that of the ESS9018 DAC.

cheers..oneday

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.