Leach Low-TIM amp with less power/lower voltage rails

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For what it s worth, I have completed a design - with full documentation - on a fully compliementary amp that borrows heavily from Leach, but with a more modern slant and components. PCB's are laid out etc, but I have not had the time to order or build them yet - just too busy at work and its set to be that way for at least another 2 months. I am a bit reluctant to publish just yet, having not built the board and tested it.

I have another big 250W amp that's been runnung for 3 years, so I am pretty confident my latest effort is good to go.

Bonsai care to post details on your amplifier?

In resistively loaded LTP designs like the Leach, as long as the LTP current is held constant, the VAS standing current, pre-driver and driver standing currents are all fixed, and accurately.

Fully comp. and linn (blameless) , with all CCS's, will remain fixed (current wise) between 15v and 70V. Balanced topology will change slightly. A bootstrapped VAS is the worst... it will decrease in current with falling rails , increasing OPS dissipation with a standard EF2 BJT/Vbe combo.

OS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.