LCD TV not turning on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Proscan 32LA25Q LCD that is not powering up. When power switch is press the power indicator turns from orange to blue and 5V and 12V power supply outputs become active. It appears that there is no backlight voltage but I will recheck. I aimed a flashlight at the screen to see if there is any LCD activity but could see none.
I would have expected a click (however there are no relays that I can see) or some kind of audible blip from the speakers but there was none.
My search engine results showed a couple of half sentences from fixya.com in regards to backlight circuit capacitors.

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
These LCD TVs have lethal voltages on the power supply board, so if you are not experienced with TV repair I would not attempt to fix this yourself. The best thing to start with is the repair or service manual. Like cars, TVs also have service manuals. Sometimes you can find them online for free or for a small fee. This can help you identify where the problem is and even what components may need to be replaced in order to fix it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.