LC ZAPpulse Amplifier Q & A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
michaelab said:
From the little amount of Danish I can read it seems the 2.3SE was launched on the 15th of Jan and you can already order one - in fact, the order form for ZAPPulse already says 2.3SE :)

I'd love to know what the changes from 2.2 to 2.3 are...

Michael.
Well, maybe somebody can translate this:

Hvad er nyt på ZAPpulse 2.3SE i forhold til 2.2SE?

1..Sikring imod Load Dumping (se nedenfor).
2..Sikring mod DC på indgangen.
3..Blop ved tænd og sluk helt elimineret.
4..Interferens mellem kanaler reduceret væsentligt.
5..Kortslutningssikring hævet til højere strøm.
6..Modulator forbedret til lavere forvrængning i mellemtone/diskant.
7..Signalvej afkortet 30% med forbedret gengivelse i diskantområdet.
8..Low Noise option. 2.3SE kan leveres i low-noise version med -120 dBa S/N men til gengæld er indgangsimpedansen 2k0 i stedet for 17k som er standard.
Vi anbefaler til dette formål en forforstærker med low impedance drive, som f.eks. Sidewinder.

http://www.lcaudio.dk/index.php?page=70

Duck-Twacy said:

Well, maybe somebody can translate this:

Hvad er nyt på ZAPpulse 2.3SE i forhold til 2.2SE?

1..Sikring imod Load Dumping (se nedenfor).
2..Sikring mod DC på indgangen.
3..Blop ved tænd og sluk helt elimineret.
4..Interferens mellem kanaler reduceret væsentligt.
5..Kortslutningssikring hævet til højere strøm.
6..Modulator forbedret til lavere forvrængning i mellemtone/diskant.
7..Signalvej afkortet 30% med forbedret gengivelse i diskantområdet.
8..Low Noise option. 2.3SE kan leveres i low-noise version med -120 dBa S/N men til gengæld er indgangsimpedansen 2k0 i stedet for 17k som er standard.
Vi anbefaler til dette formål en forforstærker med low impedance drive, som f.eks. Sidewinder.

http://www.lcaudio.dk/index.php?page=70

What's new on the 2.3SE in comparison with the 2.2SE?

1..Protection against Load Dumping (see below).
2..Protection against DC on input.
3..Thump at power-on and power-off eliminated completely.
4..Interference between channels reduced considerably.
5..Short-circuit protection current increased.
6..Modulator improved for lower distortion in mids and highs.
7..Signal path shortened by 30% with improved response in the treble range.
8..Low Noise option. 2.3SE can be delivered in a low noise version with -120 dBa S/N but the penalty is an input impedance of 2k0 instead of the 17k for the standard module.
For this we recommend a preamp capable of driving a low impedance e.g. Sidewinder.

Poor to No Customer Service from LC Audio

sven-ake said:
Lucky you! I have been waiting since long before Christmas to get my broken 2.2SE fixed or replaced by LC audio.By the time (whenever that will be)i get it back it`s already obsolete.There is no idea to mail them either i have done it several times and they just dont answer.

:dead:

sven-ake

I am another one left high & dry with problems on LC Audio 2.2SE amp modules. I had a hard to almost impossible time get responses prior to my purchase and now NO RESPONSE from LC Audio when I have a problem with 2 of their modules.

My only hope is the US Distributor, DIY Cables, has promised satisfaction or a refund my money. At this point I am looking for a refund.

This whole event is very discouraging as I was looking to use this company for an ongoing vendor for a new product that would have yielded a sale for hundreds of modules per month!

I guess when you read all the good stuff in this forum about LC Audio you must take it with a grain of salt. BUYER BEWARE
:att'n: :dead:

Who else has been bitten by LC?

tgb:(

Re: Poor to No Customer Service from LC Audio

tgb said:

sven-ake

I am another one left high & dry with problems on LC Audio 2.2SE amp modules. I had a hard to almost impossible time get responses prior to my purchase and now NO RESPONSE from LC Audio when I have a problem with 2 of their modules.

My only hope is the US Distributor, DIY Cables, has promised satisfaction or a refund my money. At this point I am looking for a refund.

This whole event is very discouraging as I was looking to use this company for an ongoing vendor for a new product that would have yielded a sale for hundreds of modules per month!

I guess when you read all the good stuff in this forum about LC Audio you must take it with a grain of salt. BUYER BEWARE
:att'n: :dead:

Who else has been bitten by LC?

tgb:(
I think it`s very strange when a company that manufacture things just leave customers with problems out high&dry,they could at least answer mail.There is nothing more important to have support if you want to sell anything.This kind of problems can end any company ,things like this is spreading like a fire and will eventually damage their name and credability forever.

:mad:

What Is your Secret?

ericpeters said:
I just want to add that I have good experience with the LC audio support. It takes sometimes a few days but the service and support is good in my opinion.

To ericpeters,

Is there any magic you use or secret you have to get LC Audio to respond in a timely manner?

2+ weeks ago was my first post on the forum about this concern but I emailed LC twice before that with a week in between each email!

I had originally contacted them back in MAY 2004 and had nothing but dribbles of info or contacts. If it wasn't for DIY Cables I wouldn't have purchased their products for R & D. In addition to the cost of the 2.2SE modules we have $330.00 in P/S, chassis, I/O connectors, etc. not to mention the $500+ dollars in labor. So you can see this is an expensive business lesson.

I did get scolded by LC about complaints that he is emailed by Clients not getting to their reason for contacting him. My email was as direct as possible!

tgb:hot:

I have experienced the people from LCaudio to respond sometimes (very) slow to emails. However after some time they do deliver (at least for me).

I think they have a problem with to many things to do and to few people to do it: lots of sales (I guess), new modules, problems with website, lots of emails with questions, xmass.

I hope they can get things in order again, because in itself I like their products and ideas.

ericpeters said:
I just want to add that I have good experience with the LC audio support. It takes sometimes a few days but the service and support is good in my opinion.
A few days i could accept,but a couple of months and not respond to e-mail that is unacceptebel.

Duck-Twacy said:
I have experienced the people from LCaudio to respond sometimes (very) slow to emails. However after some time they do deliver (at least for me).

I think they have a problem with to many things to do and to few people to do it: lots of sales (I guess), new modules, problems with website, lots of emails with questions, xmass.

I hope they can get things in order again, because in itself I like their products and ideas.
I have a lot of components from them and i also like their products,but if you want to stay in buissness you have to support as well,there is no excuse not to do.

sven-ake said:
A few days i could accept,but a couple of months and not respond to e-mail that is unacceptebel.

I have a lot of components from them and i also like their products,but if you want to stay in buissness you have to support as well,there is no excuse not to do.

There are other vendors that have good if not better Class D modules, you can find them in other threads on this board, hint, the name of these modules starts with an U :)

Best regards

Gertjan

The Beginning of Answers?

sven-ake said:
Today they finally responded to my e-mails (asking me to write in English)maybe that`s the problem,i dont know.Anyway i look forward to read my mail tomorrow to see what answer i get.Maybe they been reading this forum and felt a little bit guilty.

Yes indeed, possibly a little guilty but I would hope more concerned for their Clients' needs, concerns and LC Audio's future existence in business.

We want to give them some respect but LC Audio makes it very hard. If they can't provide good short turn-around support for defective products how can you want to do business with them?

If they can't provide the product or have engineering problems it is much better to post the issue rather than be blasted with negative comments. This is where advertising can hurt not help them in their future.

I haven't heard from them as of yet, I hope I have my resolution or at least contact today.

tgb :(

Re: What Is your Secret?

tgb said:

To ericpeters,

Is there any magic you use or secret you have to get LC Audio to respond in a timely manner?

tgb:hot:

As said, they are slow, and I admit I tend to be very comitted to get an answer if I need one.
First of all I always ask for a delivery and a read receipt when sending mails. If no answer within 2 days I start calling.
Service has a particular email adress, the owner an other email adress. If no answer within a week I'm normally on the phone with the owner.

And as said as soon as I got answers they were always satisfying.

Re: The Beginning of Answers?

tgb said:

Yes indeed, possibly a little guilty but I would hope more concerned for their Clients' needs, concerns and LC Audio's future existence in business.

We want to give them some respect but LC Audio makes it very hard. If they can't provide good short turn-around support for defective products how can you want to do business with them?

If they can't provide the product or have engineering problems it is much better to post the issue rather than be blasted with negative comments. This is where advertising can hurt not help them in their future.

I haven't heard from them as of yet, I hope I have my resolution or at least contact today.

tgb :(
Try : Brenda@lcaudio.dk she did respond quickly,at least told me to write in English.They are alive,nice to know.I hope for some news about my module i sent them long before Christmas.It could be difficult if they can`t fix it and have to replace it.I can`t have a 2.2SE on the left channel and a 2.3SE (the new model) on the right channel.If so i hope they let me change both modules to the new model.Feel`s like i`m going to have trouble here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.