l'audiophile PETITE

The only Petite Onken I knew of from la Maison de l'Audiphile was the 12" version that used an Altec 414 as the woofer. I heard it, but don't particularly remember it.
Then there was the Mini-Oken which used a 10" Focal woofer and not a horn loaded high frequency section. The mini was nice I had planned to build one, but every time I heard the 360 liter Onken with the 15" Altec, I got distracted.

Dave, Planet 10 makes very small Oken style that use fullrange Fostex drivers. Also very nice sounding.
Same here until he mentioned the BR with no details. Me too and same as the 360, though only more exaggerated 'colorful' mid-bass was a big turnoff compared to my various 'razor sharp'/'heart attack fast' MLTLs.

if I understood him correctly, the Focal was his 'Onken' which he gave up on after experimenting with blocking/damping its super long vents left him with just a BR.

Yes, Onken as it should be IMNSHO, somewhat aperiodic, i.e. a truly 'critically' damped alignment.

A more recent FE103∑ thread suggests it is a midTweeter and not capable of making bass, best used as midTweeter.

dave
I agree - even suited for mid-bass application - realized in a vented box, but so called "Boom"-box alignment with enhancement of the frequency area around the tuning frequency (90-130 Hz) and with high pass beforehand for attenuation and linearisation this frequency area.
Perfect suited as high efficiency satellite speaker, e. g. PC speaker.