Laney Supergroup MK1 restoration

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The mains input should be using a 3 pin round 5Amp Bulgin. These were never hard wired and Laney have never used hardboard as a mains cable holder!
If you want authenticity bulgin 3 pin | eBay
Otherwise a standard IEC connector will fit after a fashion.

I´m now on the stage of obtaining all the parts I need. I ordered the F+T caps from Ask Jan First in Germany, great service! I will also change some of the drifted resistors.

By my question is about the mains connectors. The mains fuse is rated 2A, and I found the 3pin bulgin connectors nearby rated at 250V/3A. Wouldn´t that be enough?

JonSnell, when you hinted me about the Bulgin connectors at Ebay, was the 5A model because of the era it´s from or because of the power rating? I see the newer 3A connector is not connected with screws like the older 5A model.

Just as an addition, when I brushed the dust of from the chassis with a toothbrush I´m now amazed how well this amp has preserved! No rust anywhere and very clean all around. Thanks for everyone´s help so far!

K

Hey! I appreciate the interest on this!

The project has been on hold ever since due to life and lack of proper working space. But it is becoming more relevant once again.

I did purchase the original Bulgin power sockets, but I am not sure if I should use them as I have read some rumours of them not being safe "anymore". But I have also searched and found information those should still be fine.

I will be posting more details on the way.

A bit late to the thread. But, can you tell me if the wooden head cab has a shield plate on the inside where the amp goes?

Not late at all.

I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean the bottom of the wooden enclosure where the amp chassis rests on? The wooden back plate? Can you elaborate more?

P1091511_zpss3cjx2oi.jpg
i think he's asking whether or not there's a metal panel tacked to the bottom of the wooden amp case to act as a shield for the amp chassis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.