L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

heavy iron, i wonder how much it's shipping cost and another tax :D

you just reminded me on my abandoned SIT L'amp, changing layout toroid and choke which is side by side with rca and speaker connector. it should be moved from back plate to front plate in order to reduce hum, but still not finished yet.

only need to finished recabling and final touch :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_20170323_073423.jpg
    IMG_20170323_073423.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
heavy iron, i wonder how much it's shipping cost and another tax :D

you just reminded me on my abandoned SIT L'amp, changing layout toroid and choke which is side by side with rca and speaker connector. it should be moved from back plate to front plate in order to reduce hum, but still not finished yet.

only need to finished recabling and final touch :rolleyes:
Hello Gadut
Nice SIT amplifier :house: :)

Mouser shipping cost is free if you buy for total 50 $ and more but i need pay + 20% taxes.
A years ago no more beers in my fridge so i $av€ for Diy ;)

Back to Inductor L'Amp :
distance with psu toroid and audio signal wires with shield is probably necessairy.
Your toroid have shield can but with magnetic sensible circuit parts
we must use all protection to keep them quiet for best pleasure with music art.
Greetings

my toroid is not shield, it's just encapsulated in resin within plastic case, my previous layout created a little hum when no music played.

my dumb ears find it difficult to tell the difference between class a amplifier clone (AJ, J2, M2, SIT L'amp), it's much easier to tell class a difference vs mauro penasa gainclone or aragon2004

but changing speaker and crossover value give mooooore subtle differences, this is the new toy

Attachments

• IMG_20160820_214439_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160820_214439_HDR.jpg
    836.5 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Soundhappy,

If you haven't heard a L'amp yet, it's a real eye opener. Someone, somewhere described it best: "with VFETs the sound detaches from the speaker." That's right on! It's not to say the speakers disappear. I've witnessed this before. The SIT amps go a step beyond disappearing. Just something you have to hear for yourself.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Both CCS and choke 193v L'amp amps. Compared against respected FW amps F5, F5t v2, F6 mosfet, F6 jfet. The impression the L'amp amps leave you with is special.
Are they as visceral as the F5T v2? No, but it doesn't matter. They fulfill something all other amps are missing.
I am often fooled into thinking I'm hearing the real thing.
That's all I'm going to say before someone calls me a BS artist.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
The CCS version is easier and lighter. 193v will require monoblock, which isn't bad to begin with.

The 193v can push the speakers a bit better cause of 2x wattage, but the CCS would be fine for very efficient speakers. My speaker are around 90 db efficiency.
They both exhibit the same special quality I am referring to above.

The CCS version has a CLC filter and it was a nice improvement over CRC, which is what is used in the 193v choke version. I don't like my 193v implementation, so will need to get new cases.

You can see my stuff here
Message - My Photo Gallery

Sorry, yes 2sk82. I'd like to get my hands on some 2sk180...I think their the ones. The big guys.
@ Vdi_nenna

DiyAudio member CWtim01 get nos matched pairs for sale :

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/290687-fs-2sk180-2sk180c.html#post4966477

Received today fews 10 K Copal wire wound trimmers for prototype point to point Inductor L'Amp.
I do start this week-end , first with bipolar 10 uF Nichicon Muse input cap , after that polypro MKP or paper in oil.
Experiments to find sing Rickie Lee Jones with magic sensual voice :)

Attachments

• A39975AE-5D97-4662-9AD2-3E913938F985.JPG
    A39975AE-5D97-4662-9AD2-3E913938F985.JPG
    769.3 KB · Views: 410
  • 3BA430DB-CE9E-4FF7-BC9A-F4B830D8D4D7.jpg
    3BA430DB-CE9E-4FF7-BC9A-F4B830D8D4D7.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 385
Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
the implication being a preamp w/ buffer and a fair amount of drive?

Yes, indeed.

The 2SK82 has low gain and power dissipation, but also low capacitance, gate current, and distortion. The 2SK180 has decent gain, but higher capacitance, gate current, and distortion. So, you just have to pick your poison.

The 180 has a fair amount of Miller capacitance, so to get decent bandwidth you want your preamp to have a low output impedance. If memory serves <150 or so. The good news is you don't need a bunch of gain to drive it to full power, so something like the Nelson's new and improved B1 Revision 2 would work splendidly :)

The 2SK82 works well in situations where you don't need a lot of power, and your preamp has moderately low output impedance with enough voltage gain and output swing to make up for the low gain of the SIT. Most preamps will qualify except for tube stuff taking the output right off the plate.