L'Amp: A simple SIT Amp

Interisting observation, I bought four 2SK82 KD-33 and I measured the Drain to Source resistance on each. Two had around 1 ohm and 2 less, around 0.80 ohm. In the datasheets of Sony V-fet amplifier states a good transistor should have 1-2ohms.
More, when I first powerd up my high voltage amp, I expected to have some bias differences because the SITs have very broad specs, but the opposite is the keys.

I just order 2pcs KD-33 from acronman, he just did not update his stock on ebay.

With CCS version which require 35V for +V, i'm planning to use my existing 2x25Vac @300VA that is powering my_reff. when I measure on my_reff, I get 34Vdc. Does 1V difference will impact on overall performance?

What is the minimum watt rating for 1ohm resistor before SK82?

I just order 2pcs KD-33 from acronman, he just did not update his stock on ebay.

With CCS version which require 35V for +V, i'm planning to use my existing 2x25Vac @300VA that is powering my_reff. when I measure on my_reff, I get 34Vdc. Does 1V difference will impact on overall performance?

What is the minimum watt rating for 1ohm resistor before SK82?

I assume 10W would be suffcient...

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I bought four 2SK82 KD-33 and I measured the Drain to Source resistance on each. Two had around 1 ohm and 2 less, around 0.80 ohm. In the datasheets of Sony V-fet amplifier states a good transistor should have 1-2ohms.

A lot depends on how you measure the resistance.

My experience with quantities of Acronman's Sony SITs is that they
are all good, but as usual you have to match Vgs, as they are ranked by
ranges, not exact values.

:cool:

Got the 193V inductors today and while they are smaller than I feared they are still quite big...

And I started to think about the layout with all the caps: the first plan was CRCRCL -> amp, but when simulating in PSUD2 I get better performance if I do a CRCLC -> amp instead. If I'm not mistaken there isn't any issues with doing this but since I haven't seen anyone do it I might as well check with you =)

Got the 193V inductors today and while they are smaller than I feared they are still quite big...

And I started to think about the layout with all the caps: the first plan was CRCRCL -> amp, but when simulating in PSUD2 I get better performance if I do a CRCLC -> amp instead. If I'm not mistaken there isn't any issues with doing this but since I haven't seen anyone do it I might as well check with you =)

Why just do it simple with a CLC or CRC as original ? The 193V act as a filter too'... :)

Last edited:
Has someone tried to bias the SIT whit lifepo4 batteries or also 9V rechargeable??
I was experimenting whit source degeneration and must say that it sounds
a little strange to me, not much of life...)
So I have only two choices to bypass whit cap or to go for a fixed bias...

Last edited: