Lambda Series TD15H

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you John.

The BMS 4594ND looks very interesting... its now on top of my list for now, thank you... I assume the crossover is built into the unit?

The question still remains... which woofer can do -3 dB @ 20 Hz and be crossed over @ 1 KHz like the Reflexion Arts loudspeaker using the JBL 2235H driver... Two way design (3 way if it includes the BMS 4594ND) encompassing the entire frequency range...

this is for a relatively small room (2000 cu. ft.)... a critical monitoring situation.

thanks again,

Last edited:
Regarding Neo, the only benefit with going to Neo over ceramic is weight. In a pro system with many drivers, this can be more critical. For a home system where it won't be moved on a regular basis it has no real benefit. With a neo motor we could get a TD15 from about 27lbs down to around 18-20lbs. A radial neo has the benefit of much lower flux modulation as the strong force of the magnet is right next to the VC. The same went for the old Alnico magnets that were placed in the pole right next to the VC. The full copper sleeve on the pole is just as effective at reducing flux modulation but has the additional benefit of linearizing inductance with respect to excursion.

John

I move my TD12M and TD12S drivers around all the time. Im always building something new.

I think the weight matters even in home designs beause even if people are not constantly building new boxes they still have the move the speakers around sometimes and having a light driver is just easier to handle.

A NEO version would be cool. Everyone else has one ;)

Thank you John.

The BMS 4594ND looks very interesting... its now on top of my list for now, thank you... I assume the crossover is built into the unit?

The question still remains... which woofer can do -3 dB @ 20 Hz and be crossed over @ 1 KHz like the Reflexion Arts loudspeaker using the JBL 2235H driver... Two way design (3 way if it includes the BMS 4594ND) encompassing the entire frequency range...

this is for a relatively small room (2000 cu. ft.)... a critical monitoring situation.

thanks again,

The crossover for the 4594ND is not built into the unit. They do have a separate crossover you can buy though.

In reality the best woofer for high end would be the TD15M, but best for the low end would be the TD15H. The TD15H mirrors the response of the 2235H almost identically. The TD15H is however slightly more efficient, has 14mm Xmax vs 8.3mm on the 2235H, .2mH inductance vs 1.2mH, has about 2x the power handling, and the full copper sleeve on the pole will keep inductance linear and eliminate flux modulation. That all said the TD15H is far superior, but as you can see below the low end response curve is nearly exact. The TD15H is in green and 2235H in red.

JBL2235H-vs-TD15H.png

If you are going up to 1KHz I see no problems at all doing so. I have done similar for recording monitors in the past. The main thing is to make sure that the waveguide you use will work well down to that point.

ohn

The unit cost for the neo wouldn't be all too much higher. The main cost is the magnetizer. We're just not in a position to spend $100,000 on a magnetizer that can do the size neo we'd need. There are only a handful of them in existence in the country at this point, none of which are easily available for use to even magnetize for us.

If someone wanted to invest the money in one I'd be glad to do neo motors. ;)

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.