LAB12s in Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Brett said:
I'd appreciate the contact.

The USPS surface limit is 20kg so that's not an option even if I did know someone in the US who could do it for me.

Even with the DHL price of $760 it might be OK. I can get them for a decent price in the US, and factoring clearance fees (assume DHL are similar to UPS/Fedex) + GST + duty it might work out OK.

Hi all
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think USPS does the surface mail option any longer.

Regards

Richard

recharge said:

Hi all
Someone please correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think USPS does the surface mail option any longer.

Regards

Richard
I haven't shipped anything surface in ages, so I dunno. The US$ being in the sewer makes it less of a cost issue for me, ie the differences from memory are small enough with current exchange rates.

Anyway, ALL items from the US have a 20kg limit; it's imposed at this end.

http://www.martinsoundpro.com

LAB-12 / CAT NO - 5548

• for use in horn-loaded enclosures
• suitable for more conventional applications where ext ...more info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sugg. List $ 159.99
CALL FOR PRICE
6 or more: $ 114.00/ea.

Individually shipped (based on 24lbs)

Rate charts and complete information for Australia
Post Office Price Online Price

Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $101.08
*Designed to be delivered in the number of business days specified for each service depending on origin and destination.

Two shipped in one box (based on 48lbs)

Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $183.16
*Designed to be delivered in the number of business days specified for each service depending on origin and destination.

I've been dealing with Martin for 30 years, they may agree to let me order them and drop ship them (straight to you).

http://www.eminence.com/distributors/northamerica_martin.asp

djk said:
http://www.martinsoundpro.com

LAB-12 / CAT NO - 5548

� for use in horn-loaded enclosures
� suitable for more conventional applications where ext ...more info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sugg. List $ 159.99
CALL FOR PRICE
6 or more: $ 114.00/ea.

Individually shipped (based on 24lbs)

Priority Mail� International 6 - 10 Days $101.08

Two shipped in one box (based on 48lbs)

Priority Mail� International 6 - 10 Days $183.16

I've been dealing with Martin for 30 years ($500 opening order).

http://www.eminence.com/distributors/northamerica_martin.asp

Thanks I'll check it out !

Hey everyone, Im new here, was recommended this site by members of OCAU a while back. Im just in the early stages of building a subwoofer for ht but mainly musical use. Ive bought a 350w Jaycar plate amp and would now like to get a 12" driver for around $200-300AUD, but ive had no luck sourcing any decent ones in Australia. Any recommendations would be appreciated greatly :)

Off topic really but may help explain why these things cost so much, and not just from the USA. I work in industrial supplies in Melbourne. Recently I ordered a small pack of 200 25mm. cuphooks from a NSW supplier, Cost to us $7.20. They then wanted $14.00 to handle such a small quantity and $15.00 to airbag to Melbourne. Refused to send through post. Our $7.20 purchase is now $36.50 before my company's own markup is added. Whether its heavy or light they get you both ways!
jamikl

jamikl said:
Off topic really but may help explain why these things cost so much, and not just from the USA. I work in industrial supplies in Melbourne. Recently I ordered a small pack of 200 25mm. cuphooks from a NSW supplier, Cost to us $7.20. They then wanted $14.00 to handle such a small quantity and $15.00 to airbag to Melbourne. Refused to send through post. Our $7.20 purchase is now $36.50 before my company's own markup is added. Whether its heavy or light they get you both ways!
jamikl
I can get a LAB12 to my door in Sydney for $A300 +/- a few $. This is about what the similar Peerless 12's cost through a local store, so considering their weight, I don't think it's really all that expensive.
There are plenty of sellers who will use USPS and their online calculator is pretty accurate so you can know what you're paying up front and make sure you're not getting ripped off by the store.

Good drivers cost money; I will soon have 4 15 and 4 10" drivers coming from the US by freight, and because I wanted them, I just have to pony up the $. It was still cheaper than 8 individual boxes thru USPS in this case though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.