LA4743B Car stereo BTL 4-channel (45 W x 4) power amplifier IC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two of these guys left from repairing an Aiwa car stereo. They are made by Sanyo. It has mute and standby control and I figured it would be a great quality amp IC to make a great quality amp. How would this IC compare to the LM3886 or what you use in a gainclone (what is a gainclone, btw)? It's datasheet took some time to find, but it's very easy to connect up and use. Very minimal discrete components, but requires a large heat sink.

It's datasheet can be found here and it can be purchased from MAT electronics and other suppliers google lists. After looking at this datasheet, I'm quite eager to go to Rat Sh*t Shack and get the required parts (which radio shack will have). Think this will be worth it? I'd like to put these to good use, just so I could have a small but high quality amplifier. The car stereo I repaired sounded very good in my opinion.

Any thoughts?

Welp, I finally built it, but it's breaking into oscillations I believe. The cone on the speaker it's connected to comes right up, as if there is a DC bias, but I'm thinking they are high frequency oscillations because the datasheet says nothing about DC blocking caps on the output. It has 4 inputs and 4 outputs. three of them are left floating because I'm only testing one. The datasheet says to put an RC network on each of the outputs to ground, but I only have enough caps and resistors for two of the outputs. I connected it exactly how the datasheet told me to do, same with the standby and muting pins, etc. Anyone know what could be wrong? Must I put RC networks on ALL of the outputs to dampen oscillations?

Thanks.

djk,

I know about the quality, I just want to use up the eextra parts :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.