L C of Norway Voigt Pipe -quick fix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GM, you're right, thanks

GM: In case you were curious about how your optimized design looks in MJK's Ported Box WS, I've attached a .jpg below. The comb spikes are minimized mucho, and after playing around a litte bit with the vent radius and length, it looks like you hit it right on the head (or is this what you had in mind?).

Here's what I used (not stuffed, no 2-ohm resistor), in addition to your original T/S params: zport = 19.3 in. (bottom?), So & Sl = 87.92 in^2, Rport = 2.75, Lport = 0.75.

I'm a little more adept with computers than with TL design, so if I can reciprocate, I'd like to help with your MathCad problems. Unfortunately, I haven't used it rigorously since Version 6, so I may still be out of the loop. Macdemo is working fine for me when I minimize using other applications (my trusty steed is a 5-yr-old laptop). Let me know...

Attachments

• gm-opt-pbox-mcad.jpg
    gm-opt-pbox-mcad.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 273
Re: GM, you're right, thanks

Greets!

Not really, I just plugged your Vb into a spreadsheet to possibly give you a theoretically better alternative using the golden ratio. If it were me, I'd just start with one of the larger cabs.

WRT MC, I have 2001 pro, so quite a bit newer than V6. Anyway, it's been working OK until the latest round of MS and NAV updates and I still have a few things to try before I reach my knowledge limit. Anyway, thanks for the offer and I may yet take you up on your offer since I have a profound lack of desire to learn anymore than I absolutely have to keep my computer functioning.

GM

I am a newbie but very interested in building ML TQWT, where can I find a picture of Martin's Project 2 that many folks are referring to?

That's not to say I don't think Martin's Project 2 ML TQWT doesn't look good: I do. In fact, I like it as much as the Abby. Mine are in a nice, rippled sycamore veneer if you're interested, with 4 coats of lemon oil rubbed in (took forever -I'm the world's worst veneerer!)
Best
Scott [/B]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.