ksa-50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mike,

Hope not too late, but something I had not noticed before , the Toroid I sent you has a thermal breaker that is NOT normally connected with the primaries. In order to use the Thermal cutout, you need to use the brown wire not yellow one.... it's in the schematic.

If you already did, please disregards this post. :rolleyes:

Hi Mark,
just spotted your Q.
Assuming .01 is 10nF then your answer is half Thiel network on the output (commonly called output Zobel).
However the value of cap is a bit small, most would use between 47nF and 220nF, at 10nF IMO the frequency is too high.
The other half of the Thiel is the damped inductor from amp output to hot terminal.
Some designers put the parallel string before the series inductor and some after the inductor. According to Thiel both locations are correct but the component values are different.
Read Dr. Cherry on Thiel network and Cherry's expansion to cover the whole range not just the two limit values quoted by Thiel.

Nice work!

Hey, I love your Krell amp! nice job and nice work not taking shi**t from those with negativity. Why don't you update yourself on the wiki krell-o-tracker? link is here

I've posted pics of mine, but in view of the reception you got, i'll go ahead and not link to them! So far people have been nice enough not to criticize me and i like it like that...actually sounds great too.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.