Krohn-Hite manuals

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
OK... 4402B:

DSC02649.JPG

The R, I believe, is between gate and drain is fixed. i added trimmer to it. Replaced other adjustable pots with multi-turn for fine tuning.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
OK... 4402B:

View attachment 586907

The R, I believe, is between gate and drain is fixed. i added trimmer to it. Replaced other adjustable pots with multi-turn for fine tuning.

THx-RNMarsh

I didnt check against schematic.... dont know where I put the schematic.... may be thinking of 4400. But you can see where the variable r has been added in the 4402B. Looks like it is a 100K pot.

The IC that cannot be read is an AD633AN.

Hope this helps.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
I did this at least 2 -3 years ago and reported it in the 339A upgrade section I believe... ultimately leading to new ultra low distortion osc/gen by others in new forum.
You should be able to find the part from your service manual. Meanwhile....

The data shown was directly from the osc output BNC on the front panel (<-125dB/1KHz)

However, for the Main ouput BNC ....

If you go thru the switched level and variable pot and another opamp distortion remained very low at 1KHz (THD = -120dB).

Using LT1468 in main output amps; 1v/100K --

10KHz (80KHz BW) THD+N = -100dB

10KHz THD = -116dB

For those using sound-card like analyzer products... this may be about as good as most of them.

THx-RNMarsh

Last edited:
Attached.

Mr. Marsh shows a modified KH4402B distortion performance that is 10 times better than the original spec. Not sure if the same would hold at all frequencies, given the rather simple schematic of the KH4402B I certainly doubt so.

Attachments

• krohn-hite_4402b_oscillator_sm_001.pdf
    966.5 KB · Views: 161
  • krohn-hite_4402b_oscillator_sm_002.pdf
    293.3 KB · Views: 179
The people at Krohn-Hite are first rate. After looking for a service manual and schematic on the web and not finding anything I dropped them a line and they answered promptly and filled my needs for model 4100 info.

By today's standards there are some that would consider this piece to be less than equal to the task. It still has a place on my bench and despite its age still has low distortion, DC offset, and still is within a few hundredths of a volt in output. Its a great sign wave and square wave generator.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.