• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

KrellClone KSA100-MKII Heatsink+Fan EUROPE GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have one small heatsink, drilled for 12 x TO3, complete with Rotron Whisper fan, 230V. The cooling elements are of the A-type,lenght 144mm. I also have three big ones, total lenght 363mm, with one fan in each end, one pushing, one sucking. They are Papst 230V, model 4658.
€100 for the small one, €250 for the big ones. P&P at cost.

Regards
Roar

Attachments

• dscn1462_1.jpg
    dscn1462_1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 343
Tarasque:

Guess we can order both drilled and not drilled.
Or even if possible drilled for both T0-3 and TO-247

Since we need atleast 10pcs to get a fair price, we then have

Fix @ 2
Tarasque @ 4
Samloko @ 4

So basicly we reach the goal... Don't think we can get 25pcs
But maybe we get a little bit lucky.

jacco vermeulen said:
As you can see from the picture, these are not stacked modular ones as in the sheet Samoloko linked to, but have a single heatsink in each quadrant.
Better this way, less temperature diference between the two ends of the heatsinks.

Hi Jacco,

Would you know what the thermal properties are of these units?
I want to use tham for an X250

Marcel,

the 3-unit size does about 400W under standard operating conditions, 900W if noise is not an issue.

Derated, it's able to handle the 250-300W dissipation level of an X-250.
Only But is that a CLX-250 requires a 4-deck heatsink, doesn't it have a 16-device output stage ?

An oldy Seifert catalogue can be downloaded from the Clofis site, it contains a separate section on forced airflow assemblies around P-90, including a simplified description of how to calculate dissipation and various temperatures of blown heatsinks.

You'll always have temperature differences between output devices, unless there's no discontinuity in the heatsink.
An example of the latter would be a concentric heatsink arrangement , something like Morten's (Magura) carbon fibre mega amp project.
Audio magazine in Germany made thermal pictures of a Threshold SA/1 model during the warm-up stage, the article appeared somewhere around 1990. The sequential pictures showed a disharmonious temperature elevation, and relatively large differences in temperature between various areas in the "stasis quo" condition.

Vertically mounted output devices on natural convection heatsinks are subject to local differences in heatsink temperature. The air flowing from the bottom of the heatsink also heats up as it moves to the top edge, mounting devices asymmetrically can somewhat eleviate it but just think how many have used the symmetrical dual mounting flange MF30-2F Conrad heatsinks for their PL power amps.

Vertically stacking 3 or more output devices on a blown heatsink means the temperature difference between the ones furthest apart will be larger than e.g. the 2-row Conrad heatsink set-up. On the other hand, the fan cooled ducted heatsink is thermally homogenous in the horizontal plane and a natural convection heatsink is not. While the 4 output devices on each horizontal plane of the fan duct have close to identical temperatures, the natural convection one will show a difference between the center and the outer edge of the heatsink. A forced-air or natural convection set-up will hardly make a difference in the thermal equilibrium stage, it'll show as DC-offset during warm-up.

The noise level totally depends on the selected fan model, type and rev number.
The stereo SKA50D i assembled has a total dissipation level of 220W, with a derated fan it can hardly be heard at 12ft distance.

My mono KSA50 clones each have six 80mm Papst fans on dual thyristor heatsinks, similar to the KL-182 in the Seifert catalog.
At 250cbm/h (~150cfm) they do close to 50dB, but they're in the "kruipruimte" under the living.
Inaudible unless you hold an ear to the floor, 2" dual layer oak on a concrete floor, the level underneith is fully insulated with expanded polystyrene foam and pearls.
Notta badda for a close to 75 year old home. (it was built as a dedicated private foster home and has a number of special features)
Not exactly service friendly though, i've been contemplating of making 2 openings in the living room floor for elevator modules.

Attachments

• homey2.jpg
    homey2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 320
I totally forgot about another option....

My girlfriends father have all tooling needed to drill, cut etc for the heatsinks.

I talked to him yesterday and he promised to help out for a small amount $

Then we can buy raw length of the heaksink (1m) for apx: €50 / unit

1m is good for 2 units.

This will lower the cost to €25 heatsink + fan + work = ~45-60 per unit instead of ~€100

So my question is:

Is this a better solution ?
Then we also can pre-drill exactly what you want.

OPTION #1

LA 1 A
1 € 48,37 ea.
5 € 41,62 ea.
10 € 35,99 ea.

2 weeks leadtime - 1000 mm

Then you drill and make the tunnel your self.
1000 mm = 2 tunnels

OPTION #2

This model is 108mm long Heatsink + fan.
Special model for better cooling.

LA 1A 03 8 X TO 3 230V - With 8 x TO 3
H 108mm (Heatsink)

1 € 116,50 ea.
10 € 97,20 ea.
25 € 86,35 ea.
50 € 77,70 ea.

+ drawing costs / once € 40,00

Leadtime: about 6 – 7 weeks after receipt of order

Send PM if you want to have more information or order.

UPDATE 2008-10-16

If you're not listed below, MAIL ME ASAP.

Fix @ 1 ( 2 if we reach 35.99 )
Samoloko @ 1
Tarasque @ 4

Total: 6 pcs

10pcs = € 35,99 ea

if we reach 10pcs price, I will take one extra myself.
So we need 3 more for it.

VAT + FREIGHT IS NOT CALCULATED IN ABOVE.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.