Krell KSA 50 PCB

PCBs

20 minutes of digging and no luck...

could somebody point me to a picture of pinkmouse's pcb? i'd like to build a pair :) thx.
Here it is. Sorry about the focus.

Attachments

• KSA 50.jpg
    KSA 50.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 732
Andrew
Jan Dupont boards had the switchable bias as I remember, My Pinkmouse boards didn't have the option, unless some jerry rigged them in and never saw it.

Could be wrong, since it's been awhile.

Regards
David

You are correct..

But remember Jan's also had the reversed pot traces that needed the fix..

Both boards (Jan's and pink mouse) were very good.

Yeah

Terry, I hear you on that!

Also anyone who says 60C is when touching the Heatsink hurts, I cannot believe. I think it hurts about 53C but maybe I'm just a wuss.

Seems like you and I have built quite a number of amps- should we start a comparison thread? Which one do you like the best?

Maybe I'm just wondering if I a have lost out on the the newest DX amps and Honey Badger? But then again, I have a few amps over here that have not been plugged in for 2 or more years.

Last edited:
It really doesn't seem like ten years since I was finalising the PCB whilst watching the snooker, but the World Championship has come around again so it must be! :)

Mine is currently on the shelf, needs new PSU caps, the s/h ones I used finally reached the end of their natural life. I think I need to design some new speakers to use it properly, currently I'm running multi-way systems with active crossovers, and it just won't fit in the rack with all the other amps.

Or, I could build a bigger rack. :D

Mine is currently on the shelf, needs new PSU caps, the s/h ones I used finally reached the end of their natural life.

I didn't know what a s/h capacitor was, so tried to look it up-

Type SH is a radial leaded aluminum electrolytic capacitor with a +105 ºC, 2000 hour long life rating. The SH is a high reliability product and is ideal for high quality applications that require long life in high temperatures environments.
http://www.cde.com/catalogs/SH.OLD.pdf

Can't wait to see your electricity bills. You must have been using the amp a LOT!

Last edited: