Krell KSA 50 PCB

Doesn't really explain why temperature of one channel is rising a few degrees while the other is dropping the same amount.

(Damn, i am sitting here analysing ksa50 data with the club while i haven't received boards yet and getting more anxious by the day, almost ready to start byting my hand.)

Allow me to add that i've been monitoring this thread for nearly a year now. Over the entire length the ksa50 thread has been enjoyable without some of the unpleasant stuff witnessed on other threads.
Combined with its size, that is pretty remarkable.
The moderate moderator with layout design skills is certainly part of the achievement, a big thanks to Mighty Mouse.

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
Special thanks to Jan for creating the first board design(we haven't forgotten you!) and a special thanks to Al (Pinkmouse) for taking the time to improve on that design with the present board, to Brian GT for a bullet proof Power Supply board that seems to have at least a pound of copper to it, to LGreen for starting the builders WIKI... I think he did, and to all that ordered during the GB for your patience during the repeated proto tests and all my absences during long work trips. Mark

Agreed, but don't forget "big brother" who certainly helped guide both Jan and Al to circuit opimization.

more...

jacco vermeulen said:
Doesn't really explain why temperature of one channel is rising a few degrees while the other is dropping the same amount.

Yeah, weird. Another thing that is odd, you see some updated data that is only minutes apart, yet maybe 2 or 3 degrees change on the output heat sinks. I'm not sure the sinks are capable of moment that fast due to their high thermal resistance (they are very large). Maybe they can change that fast with the fan coolling? Maybe the % error on the probes causes a little random wiggling of the lines, but the behavior you mention looks repeatable.

Anyway, FYI, I've updated the chart for 3 hours (1 more data point) as I left the amp running while I created the chart. I'm very happy that I went with fan cooling rather than convection...don't see how that would work with reasonable size heat sinks in view of the temps I'm getting.

As I say with all my DIY projects-- If it works I'm happy!

jacco vermeulen said:
Allow me to add that i've been monitoring this thread for nearly a year now. Over the entire length the ksa50 thread has been enjoyable without some of the unpleasant stuff witnessed on other threads.

I agree, its almost like this thread is an island in the tumultous sea of DIY. I have been with this since the beginning and now that mine is built I can't seem to go away. Sorry guys. Although....I kind of have buyers remorse that I don't have the "improved" boards, but no way i'm building another one so soon.

Oh, and FYI, got an email from Bra the thread starter, looks like he went in another direction thousands of posts ago.

Sorry guys. Although....I kind of have buyers remorse that I don't have the "improved" boards, but no way i'm building another one so soon.

Or you could just rebuild yours with the new boards...

Damn, i am sitting here analysing ksa50 data with the club while i haven't received boards yet and getting more anxious by the day, almost ready to start byting my hand.)

Gee, no hand byting around here now... I mailed them weeks ago;) ... Really... they went out late Monday... mail is pretty fast to Netherlands... alot faster than it is to Canada.

Mark

Don't belittle your name.

It's called reality mate!

These 'products' are environmental vandalism and pure w a n k - reality mate, they do NOTHING well and are a blight! Even your own gov't banned such companies selling them to poorer countries because it was seen as pure excess - but somehow the nabobs still got their contraband!

Cheers,
Greg:smash:

amplifierguru said:
Don't belittle your name.

It's called reality mate!

These 'products' are environmental vandalism and pure w a n k - reality mate, they do NOTHING well and are a blight! Even your own gov't banned such companies selling them to poorer countries because it was seen as pure excess - but somehow the nabobs still got their contraband!

Cheers,
Greg:smash:

Ahhhh.....guess that's a "no"?

p.s. with a flip of a switch (hacked into the boards), i'm into low bias and environmentaly friendly territory, though i'm still using the out-of-date design so you might still be mad at this. My bad.

Are you sure your not "big brother"? I've seen your posts around here and you definately know what you are doing....Hmmm....wonder who it is.....

amplifierguru said:
Magnifying glass anyone?

Yes,please, it's gone undercover again.

Mr Ball, can you tell me the name of the big willy i see each time i look out of the window ?

Attachments

• willy.jpg
    willy.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 511
Hi Jacco,

Yes they do that. No need to see the doctor!

That's not a pretty outlook I must say, but a very necessary one - in the face! - until western nations reduce their footprint and set a more responsible example to the developing world which unfortunately looks up to them! For guidance, arghh!

Sadly on their credentials will destroy life as we know it (all royalties to Spock!) but some will continue to produce planet blighting products under the 'guise' of 'cutting edge' audio!

As a responsible citizen of Mother Earth and a parent I have a responsibility - some ignore theirs for...

cheers,
Greg

Il Duce,

absolutely lovely, even prettier than the DPA386 boards.

Why not start a PA01 thread, make it a group buy and challenge the Krell ?
We could then all donate our fossiles to Mr Ball to turn them into environmental friendly development aids.

Amazing, i just happen to have about 120 pieces of 1 Ohm, 1 watt, metalfilm resistors lying here.

http://www.nuonsolarteam.nl/nuna3/engels/home_eng.php