Krel DSP CDM-1 MkII Pickup Need Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You'll probably have to do this without schematic. I've looked for almost a year with no luck. If you're sure its supply I would just check the regulator ICs and see if any are missing voltage and trace back from there. Do you have a signal light on cd-dsp (top left) if you run another digital source into it?

Yes it's a shame Krell don't sell schematics to the repair industry. They are really missing out on posiive feedback from techs. I remember as a VCR tech of years ago I would recomend to consumers the brands that were built well as would TV tech friends of mine.
On the unit you are servicing Krell uses 2 relays on the DAC board that you tested the BB chips. It could be that the switching IC(not sure which one that is) is swiching properly as evidenced by your signal light but relay is not properly passing signal. It would probably be easier to trace from the digital inputs to a common switch IC then to inputs of the respective relay and see if signal is making it to other side. I got my CD-DSP working awhile back so if you need me to test any points from top on my working unit let me know-It just might be a few days before I can get time to take apart.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.