Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tibo for subwoofer application (28hz-50hz) it won't work well...maybe for Bass (50hz-250hz) it will do the job...I think C8 will do this job well at 4Ω per channel you just have to watchout for those clipping red lights...

But those 1540's are so weak...VC will not last...sorry man...you need to get a much better driver like the Crown JH159...

Sir Jo..

How bout the Dai-ichi IS-15000i as a subwoofer (2 pcs for the Crell CA8)? its almost same with the JH158.

15" Instrumental Speaker
15 inch
600 Watts max.
8 Ohms
35 - 20k Hz
35 Hz
1.84 kg (65 Oz)

Where did you get the mj21193/21194 in local supplier? I’ll ve done to search in local supplier in cebu even and manila , but nothing.
I have my project JBl amplifier with step driver crest audio, but still on ongoing,
can go down 2r stable. I done also an a k10 and m-audio 5000 can go down 2r ohms, but you have to change the bias including the voltage amplification to make it strong and u can add more power.

Hi Romulo, mj21193/21194 available here in my place. The electronics store right accross to the apartment building where I live. I'll be going home next year if you are not in a hurry. I can bring some then pay me when am there. Only am not sure if it is economical to buy hence 5 pcs cost NZ$28. cheers, Al

to Mane

Bro!kamusta?frankly speaking regarding my knowledge about the attitude of this CROWN XTI amp.the amp supply is not good very fragile just dont make your xti amp on clips it will damage the ic FAN7380 and sure it will damage everything.But the main amp itself is very good and powerful if you set it bias at its normal condition.you can study this amp and its family like CROWN PULSE SERIES,XLS,XTI this amp using the same circuit but this XTI is the upgraded one.best regard!

Hi Romulo, mj21193/21194 available here in my place. The electronics store right accross to the apartment building where I live. I'll be going home next year if you are not in a hurry. I can bring some then pay me when am there. Only am not sure if it is economical to buy hence 5 pcs cost NZ$28. cheers, Al

No. Thanks for your kind.

I got an replacement MJ15024/25 it's quit ok.

to sir tony,
i have always following your notes,
always found it so useful,
about amp classes
i see how you always praise the leach amp,wonder why because it is class ab?,or because of the very low noise design,hi fi?and how can you say in another thread(sayang kung gagamitin lang pang sub)and why you say stay away leach with step,does step affect leach clean sound?did i get it right sir?are you suggesting this design is good for systems mids and hi's?
another thing,when nmos say b500 nmos is not good as nmos amp etc,.then you said ''use is as sub amp''what are you suggesting sir, your thoughts are full of wisdom,did i get it right this way?
we can use any powerful amp ignoring sound clean?at any class?for sub.....
then,use clean sound amp like leach for mids and hi's,and stay away fromamp with step?

i built several Tigersuarus amps and the Leach Double Barreled amp and that was the basis for my praising the leach....

at about the same time i was running a electronics repair shop and had a chance to repair and listen to many kinds of japanese amps brought in by ofw workers mostly coming in from the middle east...

the Tigersaurus had a punchy bass but in the mids and highs i found them not listenable for long periods...

to my ears the leach double barreled amps had the best overall sound, i even likened it to sound like a tube amp...so it is a waste to use it for a sub only amp, but that does not prevent you if you want to use it as such....

a sub amp requires a powerfull amp, mosfet type amps are better in that department...

yes, a super leach for the mids and highs is a good idea...

Last edited:
to Sir Tony...good days to you...westrak amp is a leach amp...and can you help me sir tony how to build westrak using +-90V...coz what i build was using +-70V...which part should be change...? can you help me...? tnx benny..

Sir gooseneck in 90's i assemble many westrack, my highest voltage is only +-80volt you have to change the drivers and power transistors and resistors the brand that i assemble is the JPL in raon in that time

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.