Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys,im a newbie here. Pls help me with my Amps. i Have 2 SoundPower Amplifier and it got flooded by the typhoon ondoy. the problem now is, it always blow after a minute,we checked all the circuits,power supply etc. and replaced the damage transistor,but still the power transistor blows. what should i do? is there any chance to fix my amps?

All the responce are appreciated.tnx

hi guys,im a newbie here. Pls help me with my Amps. i Have 2 SoundPower Amplifier and it got flooded by the typhoon ondoy. the problem now is, it always blow after a minute,we checked all the circuits,power supply etc. and replaced the damage transistor,but still the power transistor blows. what should i do? is there any chance to fix my amps?

@djeclair,

have you check the bias ckt? for open ckt or the amp could be oscillating

sir jojo. . what do you think will be better. .

per side setup:

2pc. 186 Bins for LO (powered by phonic xp5000)
3pc. Behringer Eurolive B215D
(Active 550-Watt 2-Way PA Speaker System with 15" Woofer and 1.35" Compression Driver)

or

2pc. MT122 (powered by phnic 3000)

Im thinking about using powered speaker because they are easier to setup. . .

thank you

yup, bias circuit is suspect, when you change a damaged transistor, look for open resistors, some resistors might look okey, but a dmm will reveal if they have drifted way off in value.

remember, the key to successful repair is getting all the bad parts, replacing them with good new parts, if you miss out on one and power on, you will most likely let out that magic smoke...

so be patient, take your time, don't rush, and get those bad parts, identify them and get them replaced.

only then can you feel confident to power up.

sir jojo. . what do you think will be better. .

per side setup:

3pc. Behringer Eurolive B215D
(Active 550-Watt 2-Way PA Speaker System with 15" Woofer and 1.35" Compression Driver)

or

2pc. MT122 (powered by phnic 3000)

Im thinking about using powered speaker because they are easier to setup. . .

thank you

The first option is more practical...but, its just me.

have a nice day
jojo

@djeclair,

have you check the bias ckt? for open ckt or the amp could be oscillating

Hi Sir AudioMachine

We already replaced the bias control,and it runs for about 3hrs,we thought that the amp is recovering and get back to the normal condition until we turn it off(so happy that night) The next day we turn it on for testing, after the clicking sound of the relays,it blows again! :( we are so crazy about the condition of my amps. But i'm still hoping that my amps will get back to the normal condition. Any idea about my amp? :(

Hi Sir AudioMachine

We already replaced the bias control,and it runs for about 3hrs,we thought that the amp is recovering and get back to the normal condition until we turn it off(so happy that night) The next day we turn it on for testing, after the clicking sound of the relays,it blows again! :( we are so crazy about the condition of my amps. But i'm still hoping that my amps will get back to the normal condition. Any idea about my amp? :(

@djeclair

Did the amp behaved "normal" and played music after the repair? When we say normal it means that it doesn't exhibit any instabilities like the speaker "seems like breathing" even played at very low volumes or no music at all or
the amp played music but you notices that you have to turn the gain up more that usual, Any of these are signs of instabilities.

Now assuming that the amp behaved after the repair (dc offset stable, bias stable, no signs of oscillation, or overheating) and played music flawlessly but suddenly when you turn it on the next day it blows. You may be a victim of a counterfeit transistors.

Regards

Last edited:
@AudioMachine

Hi Sir AudioMachine

yes sir the amp is normal after the repair and we did play music for about 3hrs. The music is clear,no humming,thats why we assumed that the amp is normal. And regarding about the transistors that we replaced from the damaged one's, i think i'm not a victim of counterfeiting because we get that from the other amp,because it has the same value.

@Tony-BTW man thanks for the response,appreciate it! :)

@djeclair

ahh you salvage parts from the other amplifier. Could you post some pics of the amp module? and meanwhile you could look for these, cold solder joints, discolored pcb traces (the copper traces is corroding underneath the protective lacquer) pinhole blast marks on the components, you may have to use a magnifying lens and last look hairline cracks on the pcb traces.

regards

@djeclair

ahh you salvage parts from the other amplifier. Could you post some pics of the amp module? and meanwhile you could look for these, cold solder joints, discolored pcb traces (the copper traces is corroding underneath the protective lacquer) pinhole blast marks on the components, you may have to use a magnifying lens and last look hairline cracks on the pcb traces.

regards

Sir AudioMachine

This is another prooblem, i don't know how to post picture here :)

Sir AudioMachine

This is another prooblem, i don't know how to post picture here :)
first reply,
then follow steps...
this might help...

regards,

ees

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 908
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 826
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 716
  • Untitled5.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 615
  • Untitledlast.jpg
    Untitledlast.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 117
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.