Kofi Annan in: "The Full-Ranger and Swan-to"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Fostex did release an FE168ES. It is a double magnet version of the FE168EZ. They are good. look further. The 166ES-R is nice,

Frankly though, I think that the FE168EZ is a fabulous driver, still in production. It does not have the "cobalt sound" of the FE166ES-R. But the grade of iron in the magnetic circuit is a definite cut above the non sigma drivers. this in and of itself is an audible trait. Also, the driver is great for rock and roll. It does not get alot of attention on the forums, but let us remember that it does all that it does (prodigius bass response and good powwer handling) without a supertweeter, albiet with a little bit of a shout up high... can be doped down. It is a great option for a BIB.

-Clark

It's interesting how attention on the 168ESigma waned over the last couple of years -it used to be a bit of a favourite, but less so of late. I never liked the top end much myself, but the mids are very good.

Hmm. All this talk about metals... I wonder how much the Japanese metallurgical approach owes indirectly to its sword production, where they were big on specific varieties of iron? I supect there's a bit in there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.