King of snake Oil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
May Belt once wrote in the Stereophile forum, that their products don't affect the electrical signal nor the acoustical signal in the room. She continued that their products affect the listener. Which is all well and good until she added that the listener does not need to be aware that the product is in the room.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Peter Belt has been dead a long time, his wife continues. Not sure where this thread is going, but hopefully it will stay civil.

I have one experience with a Belt tweak and that was in a Micro Mega CD player about 15yrs ago that kept acting up, lots of odd crackles and pops on the audio outputs, and it would occasionally refuse to play a disk; upon opening it I found hundreds of little coated mylar foil rectangles on all of the ICs, and wrapped around all of the through hole resistors. These turned out to be quite conductive - removing them all restored normal operation. I am still amazed that they did not do any serious damage. (I don't remember, but don't believe anything needed replacement.)

Well, if you haven't tried it yourself, you can't dismiss it. Right? :D

The remarkable thing about this stuff is that, in the fashion audio niche, it's not remarkable.

The other remarkable thing about the fraudio niche is the willingness of adherents to dismiss the tools of scientific inquiry, then submit scientific sounding hypotheses as proof of how their product/purchase functions.

Last edited:
Hi,

It gets to the totally ludicrous supposition a freeze treated
cassette, rather than a normal one, in a cassette deck not
even connected to the system, affects CD reproduction.
Nothing is said about omitting the cassette altogether.
(I could find more utter nonsense, but the above is enough.)

Its totally for the suggestively gullible, and utter nonsense.

Fact is though, there are always those that want to believe.
To think they know something that others don't, but don't
realise its their ignorance, not knowledge, being used.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Clearly his powers extend beyond audio . . . (Cue X-files music).

Separately, Colonel Saunders is still selling fried chicken from beyond the grave.

Looking through PWB's material I can't help but wonder if he was always having a laugh - blatant nonsense sucked up by the gullible.

Last edited:
Tying knots in mains cables has reminded me of a power supply that had been behaving badly.
The bad electrons just had to come out. This was accomplished by sending the power through a purging resistor with corners in the turns.
The purging resistor has five corners per turn.
Following a punishing strip down 10 minutes of purging finished the job off nicely.

Attachments

• DSCF5762.JPG
    DSCF5762.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCF5767.JPG
    DSCF5767.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 368
No it was an investigation into electrons bullying a transistor.
The bullies were hiding in a very awkward place making it necessary to do a strip search to find out why the electrons had been allowed to behave so badly.
The electrons had bullied the transistor so badly that it ended up short circuit between two leads and open circuit between the other two.
A loose connection in a very awkward location was duly brought to book for causing this incident.
The situation has remained in order since this action was taken.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.