Kicker zx1000.1 no sound¡

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the original zener diode has C120PH, i cant find info about this diode but i think is 12v and 1 watt, i replace with this diode.
i replace the tip in order and replace the diode, my amp is live¡ but turn on about 30 seconds, anything is burned but it dont had sound¡ green led is on, relay click's when turn on the headunit, everything is ok but no sound.
when i turn on the first time the wofer sounds really bad, the wofer is ok so i assume my amp has a bad cap or something like that, i dont have osciloscope to check the output

the tip's voltage are ok, my amp turn on but i have a discharge problem, when i disconect the amp of the power supply instantly is discharge, i think is a bad cap problem but i test the caps and anyone is shortcut,

testing the output i have -1.5volts

see the image

Attachments

• CIMG7308.jpg
    CIMG7308.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 165
hi
i replace 2 caps for the output, the c109 cap and the cap near to the output connector, now my amp is charging good the caps and maintains the power, so i only need to replace a diode, near to the third tip because i change this diode but with other size and now the third tip41 is sending about 9 volts to the driver board and this voltage should be 5volts.

i will tell you what happen

hi, i test my amp and now have output but only for 20 seconds¡ , i will to change the 3 diodes near to the tip's, they should be 12volts not 16v, because this diodes send the 12 and -12volts to the driver board, and one smd zener near the 3rd tip i need to replace this with 5v zener, because this zener send the other 5v to the same board.

ok, i will check that, but i put a 5.6 zener in that position and only send 3.8v to the board and when i put other of 6.8v the tip send 6v to the board, but my amp now don't turn on the green light, only engage the relay. i send the amp with a friend who is electronic fixer, so i will to wait what he say.

Drive a signal into the amp and see if you have a signal on the out pin.

If you're going to continue to ask for help with repairs, it will save a bit of time if you use the sig file to list the test equipment you have (scope, meter, power supply including current rating). I can't possibly remember who has what. Others should do this also.

hi, i know this post is very old, but i cant fix this amp yet, but im closer to the problem.

i found the output mosfet driver are faulty, but the problem is i cant find this part in any electronic shop in mexico¡

the part is IR4426, and my doubt is, can i put another driver instead of this? or who is the equivalent for this part number?
Thanks¡¡

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.