Kicker Warhorse

Let me rephrase post #10

There are a total of 6 IRFP4242’s in this amp .

This is a push pull design on the outputs .

Say you have a dual voicecoil sub 1 coil gets hooked to 1 side of the amp and the other coil gets connected to the other side of the amp . So 1 coil per output terminals .

On 1 side of the amp the source leg is connected to the positive speaker terminal .
Measuring with my meter I get 0.1 ohms from source leg to positive speaker terminal .

On the other output terminals The drain leg of the 4242 connects to the positive speaker terminal .. 0.1 ohms with my meter

I understand the basic operation of the amp but calling the 3207s the outputs and the 4242s the PS FETs has me a bit confused.

What makes you call the 4242s the PS FETs?

The corresponding terminals of the 4242s are likely connected to the same type of terminals (signal vs ground) for each output.

Are the 4242s defective?

Replacing all 64 mosfets is recommended, but replacing the bank where the shorted mosfets are, should be okay. Be sure to check the Driver boards with HCPL0601 opto-couplers on them. The circuit is the same used in the ZX1000.1 and ZX1500.1

The Power Supply mosfets are the IRF3207 and the IRFP4242 are pass mosfets. The gates and sources are turned on by the microcontroller based on the input signal. One bank of three are turned on during the positive swing the other bank by the negative swing, each driving their own VC. So as Perry stated the power supply is switched on and off along with the pass mosfets to produce the output.

Lenin89 Post #14 is a good explanation of the operation of the amp with a dual VC.

As has been mentioned this is a unique design, and is NOT a Class D amp. Because the power supply is essentially modulated by the input signal it's in a class that as far as I know has no equal!

We have seen them from time to time here at Kicker, although not for sometime. Unfortunately it can been an expensive repair couple with shipping costs.

Necesito ayuda para localizar el valor y tipo de transistor amplificador kicker ZX 1000.1
Screenshot_20240413-142747-975.png