kicker kx 1200.1 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The rectifiers D61 & D63 can be check the same as the outputs.They don't fail very often but when they do they will cause the power supply mosfets to burn up as this amp did.

The outer legs of the rectifiers are tied together and will read zero ohms, however the middle to outsides legs should read in the kohms or higher.If any of the middle to outsides legs read anywhere near 0 ohms they are defective and will need to be replaced.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

The test was simple. Yes or no would have gotten to the next step.

People generally take no pride in anything they do. Most can't be bothered to take more than one photo and will post out of focus images when the camera can take sharp images. Multiply that time 25-30 frames a second and include shaking, in and out of focus, poor audio with times when nothing is going on and the time it takes to watch the video. Yes or no takes 1 second to get the information to go to the next step.

If the photo files are too large (assuming that you're using the 'go advanced' and 'manage attachments' buttons), you can crop them to only show what's needed and you can save with a higher compression. If you use something like Irfanview, it's VERY simple and VERY fast to do this. Literally 10 seconds to crop and save at a lower resolution after you do the first one.

Reread basic car amp repair, especially focus on using a multi-meter.You may have to read through several times, working on electronics it is necessary to understand the basic fundamentals and in order to help you it's necessary that you understand the difference between ohms and volts and what range to set your meter at among other things.

Perry is right when it comes to homemade video's, if they are not will produced it's hard and frustrating to follow.Take your time the amp isn't going anywhere.

i have been doing that and reading and watching videos and so on what gets me is there pmp ans npn then some or mos fits and some transistors but look the same and then ya theirs the gate drain and source then theirs the other thing . YES i not in hurry but at same time i have 2 12 kicker l3s in suv never got to hear them yet . BUT at same point i need to order parts if i need more . so ya i made video thinking that was best thing to do and i have has 10 reply's on this form sense i made video but yet not one person can watch my video to tell me if i did it right ante that part of learning ? And i think i doing pretty good got more the parts tested on amp just need to know about output transistors so i no if i did them right witch are bad so i can order them today if needed cause coming from china take forever.

so i guess to the trash she goes cause really i can watch all the videos and do all the reading i want but that does **** for me i learn by doing it hands on. but never going to learn anything with out trail and error and a teacher or at least someone to help you and let i know if i doing things right or wrong.

I watched the video as I said I would and because of the poor production it's hard to know when you are probing the 640's and 9640's properly and there should be 3 measurements per transistor-leg 1-2,leg 2-3 and leg 1-3.The range of your meter is way to high, you need to set it at 2k ohms

You are confusing ohms for voltage in your comments.Your camera is not fixed and the meter is out of the shot through part of it.You need to set up the shot and keep the video as short as possibly, and focus on measuring just the IRF640's and IRF9640's.

I find when I'm viewing the video I'm having to go back and forth to follow. I'm not a videographer which Perry happens to be and knows very well the pitfalls of making one.Just helping someone in basic car audio repair is difficult enough without having to teach basic video production.

Both Perry(He has made great effort to develop resources in this pursuit) and I among others have spent a great deal of time helping others repair and learn basic car audio.

I am not trying to discourage you and myself and the other members of the forum are willing to help but its helpful if you follow step by step instruction. Also, posting a picture or two will allow us to make notations on the pictures that will help you and others to follow our instruction.

Set your meter range at 2k ohm and function to ohms.Post your measurement as follows:

Hold the Negative probe to Leg 1 when measuring Leg 1-2 & Leg 1-3. Hold Negative probe to Leg 2 when measuring Leg 2-3. Facing the transistors label Legs left to right 1-2-3 and maintain that convention when going from one side of board to the other. It will be helpful to rotate the board 180 degrees to keep your measurements consistent.

Q230-Q232
Leg 1-2
Leg 1-3
Leg 2-3

Q330-Q332
Leg 1-2
Leg 1-3
Leg 2-3

Q210-Q213
Leg 1-2
Leg 1-3
Leg 2-3

Q310-Q313
Leg 1-2
Leg 1-3
Leg 2-3

You will have made 42 measurement when all is said and done. Post all measurements.

You should see very high readings Kiloohm to Megohm (review basic Multimeter operation if you are still not clear what these terms mean.If you have a manual for your meter review that as well )

If you see very low ohms, hundreds of ohms to near zero the transistor is shorted and will need to be replaced.

If you are unclear about any of my instruction let me know and I will try to clarify.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.