Kicker IX1302

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It does produce audio without Q703 but something I noticed when I was testing voltages was when my probe slipped I touched the emitter of Q703 to a resistor tied to ground, it came out of protect and stayed out of protect until I switched it off and back on.

When that happened the emitter jumped to 5v.

Last edited:
I revisited this amp today. It originally had k2312s in the PS, I was using Z46Ns and it was having issues powering up. I tried 3205s (1 per bank) and it powered up. I populated the PS with Z46Ns and it did not power up. I got to thinking maybe had to do with the gate charge, the gate resistors were only 10ohms, I thought they were 100 but misread.

It went from not powering up with 8 Z46Ns and 10ohm gate resistors to powering up with Z46Ns and 47ohm gate resistors. Could that have been the wild goose I've been chasing?

There's nothing about the components that you listed that would have prevented it from powering up. The value of the gate resistors is important for long term reliability but with 10 or 100 ohm with the Z46s, it would have powered up.

Are you sure that you're changing the gate resistors? They would have one end directly connected to the gate of the FET and the other end directly connected to the emitter of the driver transistor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.