Kenwood Kac-8104D Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When powered up first it would come on for a sec then blow the 10A safety fuse on my power supply, ( i have this to keep from overloading it , while i use it for testing purposes) all of the mosfets seem to check good, its almost like it is shorting out though, but now i can power it up and the blue light comes on and the red light does not, i was thinking it was a power mosfet but the seem to check good. anyone familiar with this problem?

The DC offset is what's causing the amp to shut down. Double-check the output transistors to see if any are shorted. Check between all legs of each individual transistor (leg 1 to leg 2, 1-3 and 2-3). If none appear completely shorted but give low readings, set the meter to ohms and find the one or two that read the lowest from leg 1 to leg 2.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.