Kenwood Basic M2 - Intriguing Circuitry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK

GEirin

Attachments

• m2a 3.jpg
    m2a 3.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 477
all,

this might sound like a dumb question (so please forgive me) but does anyone here know if the A and B channels of the M2A can be bridged? i've read various specs on the unit and it states it can - however I can't seem to find any conclusive infomation on how to configured it to do so.

can anyone here shed some light on this for me??

cheers - nj

No more or less than any other stereo power amp without built-in BTL facilities - i.e. if you feed its inputs out of phase, you can run a bridged load between the left and right channels' + outputs. Load must be "real" 8 ohm (min. impedance >= 6.4 ohms) or higher then.

It's a pretty nice amp. You only want to make sure that protection relay and speaker selector switch contacts are squeaky clean, as the high damping factor would crumble to very pedestrian values otherwise. But that's the same for any amp with these facilities.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.