Kendeil K05 or Mundorf M-Lytic PSU caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
It's been a long time since last reply.
I still am in the Creek project, but for a good reason : I sold the 4040 and found a Creek 4140 in excellent condition for 100 euros, what a bargain. The 4140 is much better. More refinement and percective power.
This amp is playing with a Minerva dac with tremendous results.
Now I'm back to the modds, I should say replacement.

I was told that the 1uf in these amps are the entry caps of pre amplificationn so important ones!
I like how this amp sound and it's musicality, but I'd like to soften it a litle.
I was also told by the same person that I should replace them by Wima 1uf, if I want to cut that somehow harsh sound.

My first question is : do I replace them by wima or tantalum? Or silver mica?

Spread along the circuit there are caps with 10uj, 20uf, 22 uf, they all are old and the cheapest Nichicon. I was thinking about installing cerafines in their place.

Second question is : do I have a better choice? Is it logic to replace them by tantalum or silver mica?

I don't know where one should use tantalim, electrolytics, mica...
I'm a newbie! Need you help.

Thanks!!

Look and see how much room you have around the 10mfd 50v caps they are in the signal path Muse bipolar are a good choose there . Once the schematic are up we can see what you have. The other cap are power supply . the 10,000 mfd I would look at nichicon fine gold there. Just some thoughts to start.

I don't know hot to download the diagram pictures here.
Can anyone give some contribution posting the images in this forum so the others can see in the future?
My links will disapear in a few weeks and they don't respond at search engine (SEO) key words like "creek 4140"
Thank you!

Black gate YES for a good price. Mouser has the kg series ( listed as gold tune on the data sheet) in 10,000 35 or 50 volt check size for yours. Also check eu suppliers the kg series is in stock there also. The 10mfd need not be 50 volt if Black Gate are available bipolar preferred. If there is room 10mfd poly prop. wima has some small at 100volts. I have used the muse 10 mfd 100 volt cheap and small .

Last edited:
Summing up :

NKG-160 - 10000uF 35V Nichicon KG Type, Gold Tune, snap-in Hifi Collective

NKZ-020 - 10uF 100V Nichicon KZ type, UKZ2A100MPM Hifi Collective
I can use these, if I can use 100volts instead of 50, but I prefer Black Gates, (below).

http://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/conde...teur-polyester-wima-mks2-5mm-10uf-p-3755.html
Are these wimas good to use where I have 1uf-50volts?

Black Gate PK Series 47µF 25V, Sonic Craft
Black Gate PK Series 22µF 50V, Sonic Craft

Sonic Craft also has 10uf-100volts
Please correct me if I'm wrong : I can use these 10 uf-100volts in spite of 22uf-50volts, right?

Should I make other replacements? Resistors? What about psu regulators?

Thanks for your very nice help Triodethom

Last edited:
Hi Triodethom
If it is not to abuse, I want to make you a question a litle bit out this context, but about parts, nevertheless. I want to install some resistors in the output of a tube pre amplifier.
Those resistots that are soldered to the positive of the RCA output.
They should have around 50k - my doubt is not about value - But I don't know what resistor to choose. There are so many different ones.
Could you please make a suggestion in this website?
Resistors - Hifi Collective

Just send me a link of your choice.
Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.