• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KEF/Celestion speakers for tube use...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
nickds1 said:
Just supposing you could choose any KEF/Celestion speakers for use with a tube amp, which would you go for? (*)

I have an oportunity to pick a pair! (within reason)
I'll amswer about what I have.
My main speakers are KEF 104/2, mainly because my horns won't even fit into the room I currently use for listening*. These are the best speakers I could find that I could afford and they're superb. Nice even 4R load iirc too. Even sound decent with a HT reciever.

I also have a pair of old Ditton 15's which are quite nice. Just to make some of the AR types arouind here cringe, I use one as a bedroom practice speaker for my bass guitar. Never used much above conversational level probably 5W peak, but they have a nice clarity nearfield that shows up faults in technique very clearly, more so than my big rig at these volumes

* The horns are stored and WILL return when I get back to my own home. Long story involving gronks....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.