Keces.com PCM2702

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Benjlv said:
personally im just going to add a SPDIF DAC after a 2706. I hope to be able to add functionallity of the track change buttons and volume buttons in my design.

as far as that expensive Tube preamp goes...well i think its neat, but i see it as more of a easily implimented novelty in that application.

something like this would have been more in order
http://www.overclockers.com.au/~mwp/dac3/

but instead a higher end DAC with perhaps tube based I/V converters if its possible.

Saw that quite a while back... However, we prefer KISS principle. Less stages and keep the device working for that one purpose. Make good sound, instead of combining all those features that does not seem to benefit from the integeration. There are side projects building in a good quality headphone amp as well tho (easier to carry one box over to office than two... :p plus headphone...).

If anyone's interested in standard SPDIF input DAC, there's also PCM1739 based DAC kit (AND pre-built units) available as well.

personally im just going to add a SPDIF DAC after a 2706. I hope to be able to add functionallity of the track change buttons and volume buttons in my design.
SPDIF DAC? Why? The 2706 has I2S outputs, so you can forego using S/PDIF altogether, and use the direct digital output for a simper circuit (no S/PDIF receiver needed) with less jitter. Unfortunately, the tradeoff is that to use the I2S output, you need to use the FUNC0-FUNC2 pins as outputs (for LRCK, BCK, SYSCLK) and that means that you can't use them as inputs for HID functions like next/prev track, stop, play/pause.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.