JVC Woodcone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
people at gui-sound http://www.gui-sound.com/ (the manufacturers for audionirvana i suppose, also neodimium fullrangers are somewhere there) have some models in their catalogue, i have the data of a 8" wideband (seems a very nice build) and they are also going to make units up to 12", don't know how can they sound, seems like a woodcone will be a bit a 'heavy' one...

i also suppose they are the manufacturers for jvc...

the japanese man behind the 'spiral-horns' had a model with a little one on the site...

also the inventor of the C-37, who's name is to difficult to remember, was making a system with a very large europe-hand-made cone, saying the material was so good classical music, if i don't go wrong...

hope this helps a bit.

i once heard a micro system from jvc with the very little wood fullrangers, sound was bodied but a bit 'closed' in the top end... but then i was listening an fm station in an hotel hall, so it doesn't mean much... maybe the larger ones with an helping tweeter? i don't know, jvc is advertising wood tweeters as well...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.